YO asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 9 years ago

Can Israel trust the US?

i was browsing the web and saw this headline "Can Israel trust the US?". i don't know about you guys but i think it should be "can US trust Israel?" i mean what the hell has israel did to benefit average American. but we pay from our taxes to pay for their military (2billion/year). And at the end of the day we are the bad guys. So what is your thought?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Israelis like to pretend that they are something and when an Israeli sneezes, I wouldn't be surprised to read in the news how that sneeze saved humanity.

The equation the Israelis don't understand is as follows;

Israel + the USA = everything

Israel - the USA = nothing

• 9 years ago

It should definitely be the other way around.. Israel basically wants the U.S to defend them in other words. They are wanting the U.S and Iran to go to war so Israel is sort of out of the picture for a while. In my opinion it would be a huge mistake for Iran to declare war on the U.S. Iran does not have the power of the U.S but they would put up a fight but they would never defeat the U.S. Iran wants a war so they can be paid back from all the damages. As the U.S. did for Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

• Marian
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Agree.

• 9 years ago

Joseph Sisco, a former Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern and South Asian affairs: "I want to assure you… that if we were not getting full value for our money, you would not get a cent from us." In fact, Israel has long been America 's biggest strategic bargain.

Let's examine some facts. For FY2009, U.S. military grants to Israel was $2.55 billion = $2.55BViewed over the five year period of 2005–2009—total U.S. military aid was approximately $12B.What has the U.S. received from Israel in return?

Total exports from the U.S. to Israel between 2005 and 2009 amounted to $57.6B—almost five times the $12B Israel received in U.S. aid during this period. The annual average of U.S. exports to Israel during this period was $11.7B, more than five times the average American aid package!

Israel must spend about 74 percent of U.S. military aid in the United States, where it provides jobs for an estimated fifty thousand American workers.

Unknown to many observers, U.S. military aid to Israel creates a demand for, and the purchase of, tens of billions of dollars worth of U.S. weaponry by Saudi Arabia and other Arab states. U.S. grants to Israel —far from imposing a burden on the American tax payer—actually enriches the American economy

Gen. George Keegan, a former chief of U.S. Air Force Intelligence, between 1974 and 1990 said Israeli aid to America was worth between $50–80B in intelligence, research, development savings, and Soviet weapons systems captured and transferred to the Pentagon, and testing Soviet military doctrines up to 1990 when the USSR collapsed.

Senator Daniel Inouye put it this way: "The contribution made by Israeli intelligence to America is greater than that provided by all NATO countries combined."Recall that in 1970, at Washington 's request, Israel prevented a Syrian invasion of Jordan . By protecting Jordan from that client of the Soviet Union, Israel thwarted Moscow 's ambitions in the Middle East . It would be naive to think that Russia has abandoned its historic objectives in this region.

Israel constantly relays to the United States lessons of battle and counter-terrorism, which reduce American losses in Iraq and Afghanistan, prevent attacks on U.S. soil, upgrade American weapons, and contribute to the U.S. economy. Innovative Israeli technologies boost U.S. industries.The vice-president of the company that produces the F-16 fighter jets told Ettinger that Israel is responsible for six hundred improvements in the plane's systems, modifications estimated to be worth billions of dollars, which spared dozens of research and development years.

Without Israel , the United States would have to deploy tens of thousands of American troops in the eastern Mediterranean Basin , at a cost of billions of dollars a year.In 1981, Israel bombed the Iraqi nuclear reactor, thus providing the United States with the option of engaging in conventional wars with Iraq in 1991 and 2003, thereby preventing a possible nuclear war and its horrendous consequences.In 2005, Israel provided America with the world's most extensive experience in homeland defense and warfare against suicide bombers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.