Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is it with regions and gays?

From my experience most of the gays in the UK come from Ireland however most congregate in Brighton. I know Brighton is the homo capital but given most are produced in Ireland you would think it makes more sense for fruits to be in either Belfast or Dublin but this isn't so. Any ideas? Just curious

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are no more gay folk per thousand of the pop in some regions than in others. That said, gay people need the excitement and career chances open to them in big cities like Manchester and London. What gay people would stay in Reading, for instance, with London only a stone's throw away?

Or in Bolton, with Manchester nearby? Yet its is precisely in Reading that all those ridiculous "surveys" are made that show gay folk as only a tiny percentage of the population, because it is regarded as an "average" English city - i.e. boring, middle-middle-class, full of married couples bacause nobody cold survive there without being cosily married, with kids and a solid job working for the city council..

Remember the song,

"Why, oh why,oh why-o?

Why did I ever leave Ohio?"

Brighton attracts because it is, in effect, "London by the sea", but with affordable, if not exactly reasonable, rents, and is very open-minded where sex is concerned. This goes back to the days of George IV, I presume.

If you're Irish, would you stay in Sligo, or even Dublin, with all the churchy hypocrisy, if you could afford the fare to England? Hop across the Irish Sea and you're in Liverpool, which has a larger Irish population than Dublin. From there you can hitchhike to Manchester, London, etc. No passport needed.

The US, Australia, NZ etc. are too far from home and the fares too high.

• ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

You've only been hanging out at the Lucky Leprechaun gay club - haven't you. Because if you went to the Spangled Rose club you'd find the English gays or the Massive Thistle club for the Scottish gays...................you're such a bad troll!!! Is it only because you want to find a nice British lad to settle down with, that you're too scared that if you fall in love with an Irish guy that he'll want you to move to Ireland? Awwwwwwwwww - poor you :(

• 9 years ago

I'm from Ireland and iv come across no gays not that i have something against them but i suppose they emigrated a lot of people do from Ireland.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

what fkn planet do you live on?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.