Can someone please tell me why the government should to pay for my birth control if I decide to have sex?

If I choose to have sex, I should pay for my birth control!!!!!!

• Jim
    Favorite Answer

According to liberals, it is your God-given right (even though there is no God) to be able to do whatever you want without cost or consequence. Personal responsibility for your own life and actions is so passe'.

You can buy over the counter birth control that is often not as effective as what you get by prescription. You can only get the prescription stuff from a doctor. This is done by laws created by the government. This helps the large pharmicutical companies maintain a very high price for the most effective contraceptives. If the government feels that they should mainain a hold on the most effective methods. then they should cover the cost for those companies. Other wise make the most effictive methods available for purchase.

If the government pays for the birth control, it would save them money down the line supporting the new child through its life with a chance of it needing more government money throughout its childhood, its all about the green, spend a little to save a lot

They should not have to. But people are not responsible to take care of their own business. When I was 16 i got married and I followed the Dr's advice on birth control and in 4 yrs we had a baby because we wanted to. Starting on day one of the cycle, count 10 days and use caution or abstain for the 10-12 days. The 11th day is the day for conception, but be on the safe side for 3 days. This is reguardless of how long the cycle is.

If girls would refrain from sex until married the Gov would not have to help because more would educate themselves and have jobs and ins. Plus, be free from a grave sin that will cost them their lives.

The government already subsidized birth control.

Would you rather your tax dollars go to pay for children in foster care, because there are unwanted children, or would you rather pay a little for some birth control to prevent these problems? People can always give their children up for adoption... if you outlaw people being able to give up their children without having to help pay their upbringing you'd see a massive spike in child smothering or babies being abandoned to their death.

• 1. In many cases people don't really "decide" to have sex. They want to, so they do it.

2. Birth control has positive effects for society as a whole, not just for you. People who use birth control maintain their financial stability. They make sure they only get children when they have the means to care for them. So poverty goes down. Along with that, poverty-related crime goes down. It is a vital social interest that people are supported in limiting their off-spring, should they want to.

i'll inspire you to not p.c.. a label. Vote for the candidate (once you may vote)that when careful study you experience represents your perspectives maximum. everybody talks approximately how the party equipment is crippling our government so right here is an hazard to inspire somebody to not vote alongside party lines. somewhat save on with what you in my view have self belief. basically make particular in case you sign up autonomous you will vote contained in the oftentimes used some states don't get it staggering.

I want to play devil's advocate!

...hmmm....! Birth rates in America have reached uncontrollable proportions. The only way to control it without resorting to less constitutional laws is to fund BC. When birth-rates drop, gas prices will drop, and global warming will halt. Deflation will shrink to a manageable level, reducing the burden upon the proletariat workforce, thus allowing them to eventually 1) get educated enough to recognize need for BC and 2) purchase their own BC. Obama, you genius!

So if you're broke you can't have sex? Birth control is cheaper than welfare and foodstamps....which the goverment will have to pay more of if birth control isn't free.

• neil s

Cheaper than paying for unwanted children and the consequences to society often associated with them, and less harmful in general than abortion.

Mere principle cannot grasp all the nuances of human existence. The question is almost always one of better or worse.

You obviously don't know the difference between the government and health-care insurers.