EandM asked in TravelCanadaVictoria · 8 years ago

Fun in Victoria, B.C.?

The husband and I are planning a short, 3 day trip to Victoria next month and were wondering about fun, interesting places to see. We'll be going on the walk-on clipper from Seattle and staying in a hotel Downtown so we wont have a car. I know it's still wintery so we probably wont be doing any outdoor activities like kayaking or anything like that but we do like to walk and take pictures. Mostly we love to eat, we are huge foodies, and tea connoisseurs (lol not really but we do love tea).

What are the best restaurants, bars, and tea rooms in Victoria? We enjoy a nice adult drink every now and again as well.

Where are the best places for photographs?

Any interesting shops?

Museums?

Let me know!

• Jeff H
    Best Answer

Well I cannot hope you regarding restaurants as it has been a couple of years since I have been there and things do change, especially in the restaurant business. However rest assured that there is a wide variety of restaurants in Victoria catering to all tastes and budgets. There are also a number of good bars and clubs and, of course, most restaurants are licensed. Depending on what your tastes are there are any number of shops in the downtown region (and if you like chocolate make sure you stop in at Rogers Chocolates) and a couple of good malls available quite easily by transit.

Although it is still winter the weather this year has been quite mild overall so you are likely to find it similar to Seattle weather so dress accordingly. One thing nice about Victoria, there is a lot to do in the downtown area without the need for a vehicle. When I travel there I often leave my car at the hotel and walk, it is a lot easier and quite nice or I take the bus. One thing Victoria has is museums and other similar sites for the tourist. A partial list of places available either within a short walk or by tour bus are:

Royal BC Museum and IMAX Theatre Complex

BC Maritime Museum

BC Legislature

Inner Harbour walk

Beacon Hill Park

Butchart Gardens (tour)

Government House

Of course if you have the money the Empress is the place for high tea but there are a number of other places in the downtown area that offer this.