Amazon jungle survival knife?please answer.?

Anyone bought this knife? Is it good? Is it sharp?

• Mark M
    Favorite Answer

Knives of this sort are gimmicks popularized by the movie Rambo. In practice, the knife is too large to be useful for about 90% of the tasks needing a knife. The handle is screwed and glued in place and becomes loose with use. The saw back-edge of the blade is decorative only. The metal on the blade is usually cheap and will wear quickly. The compass is too small to be much use and the metal of the knife and handle will greatly affect accuracy.

While you can sharpen any steel, how long the edge stays sharp and whether or not it is prone to denting or chipping depends on the quality of the metal. I wouldn't expect much out of a $10 knife.

It's a cool looking toy but not something I'd bother with camping, and forget about depending on it for survival.

Get something that is practical,multi purpose, and rust resistant. Make sure that it has good solid ring so you can attach it to yourself with a "Dummy Cord". A piece of 5/50 cord (nylon parachute cord) works great. If you drop you knife in the jungle or in the water or at night, you have a better then even chance of losing it. A good swiss army knife or leatherman are good, but the swiss army knife has the little tweezers, if you touch black palm, you will no why I like the Swiss Army. It is easier to move vines and low branchs the it is to try and cut them.

Bring plenty of insect repellant, and don't sleep on the ground, the bugs are brutal.

Myself I wouldn't buy this knife only because its putting all your eggs in one basket if the knife breaks or gets lost than you are now all your survival gear.

But any knife can be sharpened so sharpness shouldn't be an issue & it does appear to have a thick sturdy blade.

Google the Esee Izula outdoor knife. It is a little more expensive but it is one of the best fixed blade knives for beating the hell out of. It has a durable coating also for high rust resistance and it WILL get extremely sharp and hold a wonderful edge. It would last you your whole life.

Source(s): I have one

Get a cold steel kukri style blade. Good for chopping too.