Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 9 years ago

Who are the best boxers in MMA?

Update:

Isn't Jose Aldo a Muay Thai guy and a FW?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Elle
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Frankie Edgar, has decent foot movement.

Melvin Guillard, knows how to find distance.

Junior Dos Santos, actually uses body shots.

A Korean boxer, I forgot his name, just got a knockout in under 8 seconds at a UFC event, has shown good boxing fundamentals in his fights.

Gegard Mousasi, also uses sound boxing technique, has even competed in boxing and kickboxing.

Anderson Silva, has the best boxing in MMA.

Fedor Emelianenko has good, if sloppy, boxing. His brother Aleksander is good at boxing as well.

Andrei Arlovski was good at boxing, too bad his has a terrible chin.

Cain Velasquez knows how to throw hooks when on the inside.

Nick Diaz, Big Country Roy Nelson, Tito Ortiz,and Diego Sanchez are all overrated and have sub-par boxing.

• 9 years ago

Junior Dos Santos- HW

Rampage Jackson -LHW

Vitor Belfort - MW (A. Silva does not count as boxing, he is more Muay Thai)

Nick Diaz - WW

Frankie Edgar - LW

Jose Aldo - BW

Now, there are alot of good "Strikers" including Gustaffason, A.Silva, Mark Hunt, Melvin Guillard ect ect, but not to be confused with boxing

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Best pure boxer might actually be Rogerio Nogueira aka "Lil' Nog". He won the bronze medal at the 2007 Pan American Games and he's won other boxing accolades.

Frankie Edgar is good.

Nick Diaz is good.

Keep in mind when I say "good", I'm saying the best MMA has to offer. They would get beat handily in an actual boxing match against a competent boxer.

Nick Diaz is one of my favorites to watch. He has some of the best boxing in MMA, even though it looks funny. He doesn't have the best technique in the way he actually throws punches, and he moves flat-footed, but he is one of the few in MMA who actually corners his opponents and throws combinations to the body and the head in a beautiful manner. He's actually using the "sweet science" instead of just throwing a punch or two and jumping backwards.

• 9 years ago

Costa Philippou is the best boxer in the UFC in my opinion.

Answer mine

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=An3zX...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.