bb asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

How far in can you have an abortion?

How far into your pregnancy can you have an abortion and what states have made abortion illegal if any? What are some court cases that deal with abortion?

Update:

In the U.S.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Most states ban elective abortion after 24 weeks (generally understood as fetal viability); you can read about different state laws on abortion and late-term abortion policies here:

http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_O...

http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_P...

No states have made first-trimester abortion illegal (that would be violating Roe v. Wade). As you can see from the first link, however, plenty of states have legal restrictions that provide obstacles for women seeking abortions, or hoops that they must first jump through in order to be able to obtain an abortion.

Some court cases that deal with abortion: Roe v. Wade, Planned Parenthood v. Casey, Webster v. Reproductive Health Services, Stenberg v. Carhart, Gonzales v. Carhart, Thornburgh v. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and so on.

Hope that helps!

• 8 years ago

The basic standard for a legal abortion for anyone is viability, which is determined to be 26 weeks. After that, they are legal if the health of the mother is threatened.

No states have technically made abortion illegal, but they have made them impossible to get (see: personhood amendments, abortion clinic bombings).

• 8 years ago

I just got mines done in 9wks of pregnancy & it hurt alil but the further you go the more it cost, & it WILL HURT LIKE HELL. It's no long soft tissue, but hardening tissures that will cause cramping for about 5 days??? So keep it under 10-11 wks so your body will adjust back to normal like a piece of cake. Go to this income based edigibly that will reduce the standard price. I have no clue where in the US your located but you might want to call them about their price range depending on how far you are in wks. I'm from Wilmington, DE and the standard under 11 wks & 6 days were $430. but I reduced it to $318. But don't get all excited. Each state is different so call & locate your nearest center.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Anytime before or after birth by Liberal standards

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

as far as herman cain can put in his arm

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.