Lara asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

I have 3 weeks to lose as much weight as I can, please help?

Im going on an island getaway in 3 weeks. It was a little of a surprise as if I knew before, I would've started exercising. Please if anyone knows how to lose weight fast please tell me. I am exercising and eating healthy but is there a way that works better, or a diet plan even?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

You need to follow an intense but natural way to loose at such a short notice. A total lifestyle changeover is what you require.

Natural and safe weight loss falls between 1-1.5 lbs a week. Stick to 1200-1500 cal a day, once a while treat yourself but never go beyond 1800. Yoga is a safe and long lasting (rather everlasting) method of loosing weight.

Always start with stretches and best way is to practice yoga everyday. You may start with the below tried and tested program and must hit the gym for cardio or swimming every other day:

1. Palm Tree Pose, 10 times

2. Swaying Palm Tree Pose, 10 times

3. Double Angle Pose, 10 times

4. Triangle Pose, 5 times

5. Sun Salutation, 12-15 rounds

6. Relaxation Pose, 5 mins

7. Twisting Cobra Pose, 10 times

8. Head to Knee Pose, 5 times each leg

9. Balance Pose, swapping hands and elbows alternatively

10. Relaxation with abdominal breath, 10 mins

11. Bellows Breathing, 5 mins

12. Alternate Nostril Breathing, 5 mins

Every other day when you're in the gym, perform first 9 practices then:

1. Elliptical 15 mins

2. Bike 15 mins

3. Run 20 mins;

1st 5mins. slow

2nd 5mins fast

3rd 5mins slow

4th 5mins faster

4. Relaxation with abdominal breath, 10 mins

5. Bellows Breathing, 5 mins

6. Alternate Nostril Breathing, 5 mins

Also every morning:

1. Drink one glass of water and practice Palm Tree Pose 10 times

2. Drink second glass of water and practice Swaying Palm Tree 10 times

3. Drink third glass of water and practice Waist Rotation Pose 10 times

4. Drink fourth glass of water and go to the toilet and sit for 5 mins

And rest of the day:

b) Drink lime and honey every morning mixed with room temperature water.

c) Only drink lukewarm water whenever you are thirsty.

d) Avoid fats, spices and oily food

e) When hungry prefer seasonal fruits and vegetables instead

f) When you eat just think that 'this bite i'm chewing is getting efficiently absorbed and nourishing my body'. Then even you eat on the go you "eat consciously"

Rishi

Yoga Teacher

DIVINE WELLNESS - Delivering Yoga at Your Home

Peppermint water washing the fat out? LOL Yeah, sure.

Ok so don't believe that. Keep doing what your doing but work out more. Try to cut down carbs as much as you can. more water. I don't know how much you weigh but you could lose up to 9 pounds by then. I lose .5 pound a day eating 1200 calories and burning 600 a day via elliptical. Only lasted a week then i went back to binging. I suck. LOL

just have control and stay focused.

What does going on an island getaway require the loss of a lot of weight? Is there a weight limit on the boat or plane? Just go and have fun, and worry about losing weight when you return.

limit if not eliminate all extras like butter mayonnaise ketchup dressing added sugar added oil etc

carry five grocery bags from the car to the kitchen and put the food away take out the trash wash the dishes and wipe down the kitchen counter

healthy sex may help control the amount of food you eat and its great exercise

stand up each time you talk on the phone

Idk any good diet plans but i can tell u that drinking ONLY water will help u drop a few pounds.