Can the dog adoption process be delayed if my current dog hasn't seen a vet in over a year?

I feel like I'm on trial a bit and I understand the adoption coordinators needs to know that the dog will be in a permanent home with responsible owners but I feel pressured and that makes me anxious. My pug is 10 and last received a series of 3 year shots 2 years ago. I didn't take him for a checkup... show more I feel like I'm on trial a bit and I understand the adoption coordinators needs to know that the dog will be in a permanent home with responsible owners but I feel pressured and that makes me anxious.

My pug is 10 and last received a series of 3 year shots 2 years ago. I didn't take him for a checkup last year because he has no issues to speak of and the vaccines were not needed. Now I'd like to adopt another dog and before even meeting me they want to check our dogs history directly with the vet! I truly don't know if I should rush in for an appointment or just lay it out there honestly that he didn't go last year. Tell me I'm over thinking this or is the adoption process simply a process that is going to make me feel inadequate?