Is God/Christianity real?

I know theres alot of reasons point towards him being fake so try to stay away from answers like "hes not real christianity is dumb" please explain why you think the way you do and if you think hes real please stay away from answers like "he made you" or "he created the world" those kind of answers still leave me with alot of doubt i just want to be persuaded, i hate wondering so much

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

"Ask and ye shall receive.".

" Knock and the door shall be opened unto you."

"Seek and ye shall find."

'If you desire Truth, go to The Source'. :D

Peace and Blessings

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Christianity is a real religion. Is it an actual depiction of the truth? Probably not.

In regards to the question of whether or not God exists, there is no way to prove that he doesn't, because it is technically impossible to disprove a non-tautological existential claim. For example, we can prove that there is no such thing as a married bachelor, because -by tautology- the definition of a bachelor is one who is unmarried. But God's existence is not a tautology, so it cannot be disproven. Another way to think of this is the claim that unicorns exist: unicorns could conceivably exist on the moon, on Mars, the center of the earth, etc., so it is impossible to disprove their existence.

So when it comes to the existence of God, we have to rely on probability. I want you to consider this now: of all the matter and energy in the universe, how much of it is organic (i.e. alive)? A VERY small fraction. Now, of all the life that we've encountered thus far, how much of it is intelligent? This is just as small of a fraction, since the majority of organisms are single-celled, or don't even have a central nervous system (i.e. a brain). So out of the countless possibilities as to how the universe could have possibly come about, what are the odds that the source of our existence was intelligent (i.e. God)? It seems astronomically low. To claim that God created the universe is like rolling a 9,999,999,999,999,999,999 sided die and betting on the number, "7".

This being said, it doesn't seem very likely that God is real, does it?

• Ren
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Man created God, therefore man created Christianity. Understand. I mean, God was created by man so in this case, the bible was written by man as well. That being said, that means the men that wrote the bible can say whatever they wanted to make it seem like God existed. Therefore God isn't real, and Christianity is real.

Source(s): Atheist.
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Academia states that in the absence of any sort of evidence of the existence of something it must be deemed not to exist until verifiable evidence is found - thus god is held not to exist pending some sort of verifiable evidence.

The bible is what is called "Faction" A fictional story set in a factual time and place. Thus the time, place and real historical characters are all correct but the fictional characters and stories are not!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

The Roman Emperor Constantine produced the bible and he was a pagan not god! He took the Jewish religion, organized it into Christianity and then into the Holly Roman Catholic Church!! Not in Israel or any of the countries of supposed origin but entirely ITALIAN!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

What a wonder full disinformation and deception campaign he waged against his Jewish enemies by turning them into his invented Christianity - so good in fact that Christians are still following the deception to this day!

The first person to provide a shred of verifiable evidence for God will become world famous and mega rich! Ain't happened yet and it never will!

So how does this primitive belief in a god survive? The answer is simple and very down to Earth

Acceptance of a supernatural claim tends to promote cooperative social relationships. This communication demonstrates a willingness to accept, without skepticism, the influence of the speaker in a way similar to a child's acceptance of the influence of a parent. By encouraging this kind of behavior where the most intense social relationships occur it facilitates the lack of skepticism and deters more open minded thinking.

They are christian, Muslim or the other religions depending where they were born simply because they were indoctrinated by their parents as very young children. They will go on to indoctrinate their own children and those will go on to indoctrinate their grandchildren!

Atheists have the intellect to see through the conditioning and escape into the real world!

Agnostics have the intellect to see through the conditioning but lack the courage to throw of the conditioning entirely.

Sadly Christians, muslims and others are still held firmly prisoner by the self perpetuating brainwashing!

Source(s): University of Missouri-Columbia. Arizona State University
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

that's actual! Mary became impregnated by the Holy Spirit. not some thing isn't attainable with God as he's the only which created us and the finished international. the position do you imagine all of us got here from...a sponge? possibly you would possibly want to observe Joel Osteen on television and initiate to study some issues about Christ and why Christians keep on with Him. because you've under no circumstances been to church, that is demanding to convince you in a unmarried paragraph that our God is actual, he's Love, he's the draw close, and He is likewise the Alpha (beginning) and the Omega (the ending). His e book (the HOly Bible) is a historic past e book of ways all of it began, all that occurred after that, or perhaps how all of it is going to end. in elementary words God might want to have authored a e book like this. thanks for being curious. i desire this has helped.

• Sybil
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Yes, God is real, but his behaviour, appearance, tendencies, etc are highly debated. The reason I think he's real is because everything is made of something. All matter has a chemical composition, these things have atoms, electrons, protons, etc, and anti-matter is is huge energy. So the very core of these things have to come from something.

I don't think God has any form at all, at the same time I also believe he is all forms. I just think he's everything, and everything that isn't, all the same.

Hope it wasn't confusing i can't really explain it better than that....

• John
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

God or gods could be real, but I think any human manifestation/interpretation of them isn't likely to be real.

Christianity has numerous problems, particularly historical, textual and philosophical. There are too many of them to go into here, but I'd be happy to discuss them in further detail if needed.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Well there is no physical evidence so you can never be so sure. Thousands of years, people struggled with this kind of questions and found no concrete answers. Our generation isn't any different. Personally, I believe it all boils down to what makes me happy (as long as my actions don't harm others). If believing in Jesus makes me happy, then believe but never believe in God just because you fear hell. Don't be coerced, you will never be happy if you feel like you are forced into anything. It has to be genuine, coming from your heart. I believe in God (not necessarily Jesus) and He will help me get through this life happily if I help myself and others. There could be hell yeah but who knows? Socrates believed in Afterlife. John Stuart Mill thought Christianity doesn't have the whole truths. Whatever works for you and brings your peace and tranquility, stick to it (as long as you don't harm others)

• Matt
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Christianity is real, there are lot sof Christians out there. But the basis for the religion, God, Jesus, all that, that is not real.

• T.E.H.
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Flip a coin.

If you say heads, and you say heads, then you get infinite coins, but if its not, you lose that coin.

If you say tails, and its tails, you get 1 more coin! If not, well, nothing happens. (You lose the coin!)

Lets examine the first scenario:

Heads? Good, you now have infinite coins.

Tails? Darn, I just took your coin.

Now the second:

Heads? Darn, lost a coin.

Tails? ... ONE COIN! ALRIGHT!

Which is better? Betting heads and getting infinite, or betting tails, and getting one.

That is like picking God or the ways of this world. (If you doubt at all). The benefits of heads outweighs the other SO MUCH that you would pick it every time, because their is equal odds of tails and heads.

That is where you are at now. Unsure of everything. But honestly, reading internet people won't help you much. You should go talk to your friends, see where their at. Find out if any of them are Christians. Talk to them about their faith. They should say its a relationship.

Email me at jeepdrivertomnay@yahoo.com or IM if you have any particular questions.

• christianity is a religion. god is not real. god does not exist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.