What does Mexico mean in English?

Ok. The question is pretty self-explanatory. I'm just trying to see if Mexico actually has any meaning in English. This is for my Spanish 2 project. Answer ASAP.

Favorite Answer

The name of Mexico entails the origin, history, and use of the name Mexico, which dates back to 14th century Mesoamerica. Mexico was named after its capital, Mexico City, whose original name was Mexico-Tenochtitlan, in reference to the name of the Nahua Aztec tribe, the Mexica. The Nahuatl word Mēxihco is composed of the root Mexi and a suffix -co that means "place" or "city." The full name of the city, Mexico-Tenochtitlan, means "the place of the Mexica among the stone-cactuses," in reference to the image of the eagle perched on a cactus that grew from a stone, in the middle of Lake Texcoco

I don't think it means anything in English per se, but rather it's a combination of words from different languages.

I checked Wikipedia and it says "The Nahuatl word Mēxihco is composed of the root Mexi and a suffix -co that means "place" or "city."

Hope it helps :)