Opinions on an Alice in Wonderland themed tattoo for a male?

I'm 19, 5'5 and currently average/skinny build but have always loved the Alice in Wonderland movie, first reading the book in my teens makes this stand out from my other nostalgia fueled tattoo ideas all of them seeming slightly childish. I'm more worried what the message would come across as because... show more I'm 19, 5'5 and currently average/skinny build but have always loved the Alice in Wonderland movie, first reading the book in my teens makes this stand out from my other nostalgia fueled tattoo ideas all of them seeming slightly childish. I'm more worried what the message would come across as because all of the tattoo's I prefer (full detail including parts of the world and characters) have been females whilst the smaller book inspired tattoo's (generally including The Hatter or March Hare) have been on males. Any opinions appreciated.
Update: Thanks to A and Lyndsey, I'm planning on a (half?)sleeve but I will definitely have to include that dog now that is been mentioned. Mainly thanks to Hockeyman for having the capacity and attitude that I hope people will have if I get the tattoo.