Zack asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

Do you think the drug war has failed?

Whats your opinion on the drug war?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course the drug war has failed, just as alcohol prohibition failed. My opinion is that the best thing we can do is end drug prohibition.

All of the crime related to drugs is a direct result of drug prohibition and whilst I don't like drugs, I firstly, don't see it as my right to impose my sensibilities on other people, and secondly, I understand that making drugs illegal drives them into the hands of organized criminals.

This forces addicts to buy from dangerous people, encourages murder, gang violence, prostitution, sex trafficking, extortion, and also is costing tax payers billions. Not to mention, people still take drugs despite all of this wasted effort.

Therefore we need to end the failed war on drugs and legalize all drugs.

• 9 years ago

Mexico is cutting off the snake by the tail. the Mexican Government needs to take drastic measures such as putting poison in the confiscated drugs and then find a way to send them to USA. No more innocent deaths by the indiscriminate use of drugs by the stupid American drug addicts.

• 9 years ago

Drug war?? What drug war? You can't win a war using pea shooters against cannons.

• 9 years ago

it had succeeded on raising prices.

However the losses when tallied, most are in human lives. As a human society, we have to determine if that type of loss is inherent in this type of cartel. The insiders of this industry must put their heads together and define their parameters. and formulate their regulations, even consider the probability of regulating it as a legitimate industry

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Cant believe this is aven a legit question.Decades after the"war" started we have spent trillions and its only gotten worse.Just legalize it all and let 'em oD.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.