Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 years ago

My parents wont let me date!!?

Im 14 and turning 15 in a few months.. my mom wont let me date until im 16.. and theres a guy who I really like and he likes me! I already talked about it to my mom but she still says no even after I told her hes really nice and respectfull etc. what should I do!! :( I really like him alot. Please help

Best Answer

You're only 14..you can't even drive yet, so what's the point? You won't be able to go anywhere. I think you should wait until you have the means of getting yourself places lol. And there are people in WAY worse situations than you, dearie. I think you should obey your mother. I'm sorry, I realize this wasn't the answer you were looking for, but it's the truth. And honestly, you probably have no choice than to listen to her. It's not like you can secretly date him (again, you can't drive) without her finding out. Yes, your mom doesn't go to school with you, but holding hands in the hallway and hugging and kissing goodbye before class, is NOT dating hahaha. I'm not trying to make fun of you, I'm just being sensible. If you "date" him, you'll realize what a waste of time you spent if it doesn't work out. Why don't you become good friends with him first? That way, when you're allowed to date, you'll know him better and be able to decide whether you really want to date him. Just explain to him that you aren't allowed to date until you are 16. I think he'll understand.

Girl I so know what your going through my mom says the same thing to me there's a level of commitment that comes with dating. So that comment leads to hart break at are young age and leaves scares on us to carry we should enjoy are youth because we won't have it for ever and come on 16 ain't that far away just keep your mind straight and don't date in secret that's the worst that you could do I did it but I couldn't handle the secrets' that I was keeping and told the guy that we need to be just friends. So I'm good with being friends now. And I do have a major crush on a guy but he did on me too and then he got a gf so were just friends now lol. Good luck and FYI im younger then you but just by a year in a few months I'll be 14.

Oh come on! Your only 14...I totally agree with your mom,you should wait till your older. It's not all about dating. Just have random conversations with him whenever you see him,It won't be that different from dating right? Lol I'm 14 by the way and I'm also not allowed to date so welcome to the club.

bring him around your house as "just friends" so your mom can get to know him. once she does she might think differently although the rules are still going to be strict because you are 14. also since your 14 just having him come over will probably annoy you to the point where you wont like him anymore anyways. your about to have a billion "relationships" throughout your teens. dont go sneaking around and lying about it though. its not worth being dishonest to your family over a guy whos only gonna last a couple months

When you are 18, 20, 24, you won't regret not being able to date now. I am 27 .. which might seem old to you, but I was there not too long ago. There is nothing to be gained by dating now.

Source(s): Minister - Hope Church http://hopechurch.ws

well if i was a parent it'd be ok but i dunno. it depends. are you two going to be having sex or what? because i would NOT be happy. your mum is just looking out for you. that boy is still like prepubescent and a kid and so are you. unles you're absolutely confident in yourself.... do you really think it'll be long term? it depends on the situation. i started dating my boyfriend when i was 15 and we're still together now, and it's been two years we're 17...

the likelyhood of you staying together isnt much and i think she's just looking out for you. also boys often try it on so... be careful. listen to your mum a bit more. its ok if you dont go futher than a kiss you know what i mean? good luck

Listen to your mom!

None of my kids were allowed to date until they reached 16.

And they lived!

Just date secretly

I am with your mom you are lucky she said 16 and not 17

you're 14 years old, don't date