In Superman Returns (2006), does he have a son with Lois?

I have seen the movie 4 times and still can't understand what's going on towards the end..... I see the scene when the little boy kills the thug with the piano, and I know dang well no regular human dad could give his son that type of powers. Can someone help explain this to me? No stupid answers, just facts or best guests. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Lois reveals that the kid is his.

Bryan Singer wanted to make a film that ignored III and IV. Superman Returns was to be the setup for a "Wrath of Khan" kind of sequel. Not sure what he meant by that, but it is pretty clear that he won't be allowed to make that film, so where he was going with that plotline will be forever left up in the air.

I imagine since the boy did have vulnerabilities, and Supes did vow to protect him at the end of the film, that probably the intention was to kill him off in the next film to not only return the series to the status quo, but to make Supes go crazy with revenge against the villain.

You gotta admit, it sure would have been a different kind of Superman film. Singer was going in a darker direction.

Yes he does. In previous superman movies, Superman has slept with Lois, coceiving their son.

And then he left for five years and came back to find Lois has a kid.

What doesn't make sense is that they concieved their son and Superman left.

Lois and her bofriend thought the child was her new byfriends, which meant she had to have slept with him before they realized she was already pregnant. Which can;t be long. What a slut!

I hated this movie and I hated that he had a son, though.

However, the guys who made the Dark Knight movie are making a new Superman movie called the Man of Steel.

i am very excited and can't wait to see this next movie.

this was one of the MAJOR plot holes in the movie. really the only one as far as i'm concerned.

in superman 2, clark gave up his powers to have a relationship with lois. they did the nasty in the fortress, ultimately supes had to get his powers back to fight zod and co.

now, bran singer had been quoted as saying that returns was to take place between 2 and 3. which opens up a cavalcade of issues, considering that niether lois nor superman had any kids in 3 or 4.

now, historically,if i remember correctly, superman cant impregnate human females.

• Denise

yes he is in superman 2 he gave up his powers to be with Lois.