Trinity connection with Jesus?

Hi, I'm learning all major religions (Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, etc.) and I want to know the story behind them. But the question I want to know now, is that. What connection does Jesus has with Trinity?

Also, someone told me that Trinity is a fact, Jesus could not have removed their sins because he would not have the strength/power.

If there's no Trinity, this means Jesus has no strength/power? And by this alone, does this mean Jesus was not Crucified IF there's no Trinity?

How about you, as a Christian, do you believe if there's Trinity?

And if he doesn't need Trinity, and point out why that is?

And point out some facts regarding this topic, if you want to, thanks.

Favorite Answer

Pamela Jane

John 1:1 to my understanding and by many others, this verse is not trinity, but rather duality.

Also John 1:18 God has never been seen and yet Jesus was seen and heard. Jesus NOT God.

Also, “Exodus 33:20: And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live”

Who was in Exodus 33:20?

------------

But according to John 1:1, since, they are One.

In Gospel of John, he tells us

-John 13:16

John tells us that God is greater than Jesus. But how can someone be greater than himself?

-John 14:28

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."

Can someone "go" to him and "greater" than himself?

-John 17:1

"These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:"

We shall understand from this verse that God is saying to Himself "Self, glorify me so that I may glorify myself"? This is the message of John?

-John 17:12

If they're one person then are we to understand from this verse that God is saying to Himself "Self, while I was in the world I kept them in your name, self. Those who I gave to myself I have kept"? Is this what John intended us to understand from his writings?

-John 17:24

"Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world."

Similarly, did the author intend us to interpret this as "Self, I will that they also whom I have given myself be with me where I am; that they my behold my glory which I have given myself, for I loved myself before the foundation of the world"?

So, we begin to see that in order to understand the writings of a given author, it is necessary to not take a single quotation from him in a vacuum and then interpret his whole message based upon that one sentence.

Full Details [http://bit.ly/zn9uuw ]

(I’ve paraphrased some)

----------

(John 20:28) The exclamation My God, on his part was just astonishment when he reached his hand into Jesus’ side. Similarly, If I were to say, “My God! It’s late!” to a friend doesn’t mean that my friend is God.

After all, Jesus can't be God and Lord.

"...yet for us there is but one God, the Father...and one Lord, Jesus Christ ...” [I Corinthians 8:6]

----------

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." [John 1:1]

In the "original" Greek manuscripts (Did the disciple John speak Greek?), "The Word" is only described as being "ton theos"(divine/a god) and not as being "ho theos" (The Divine/The God). [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhgyx7hoPMY

Youtube thumbnail

]

A more faithful and correct translation of this verse would thus read:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was divine"

Which reads the same in NWT, 'The New Testament, An American Translation', The Dictionary of the Bible by McKenzie,etc. and several others.

----------

[Revelation 4:11] can't be God and Lord, according to [I Corinthians 8:6].

While Acts 20:28 in the early manuscripts do not read “Church of God” but rather “Church of the Lord”. Secondly, a word for word reading of the Greek text does not literally say, "his own blood" but "the blood of the own." There is no possessive pronoun "his" in the Greek text. And thirdly, the original Greek does not say "with the blood" but "through the blood" or "by [means of] the blood" which does indeed affect the intended meaning of the passage.

Details: Acts 20:28 [http://bit.ly/vYWARF]

---------------

Titus 2:13, in ASV, Douey-Rheims & NAB. Does not attempt to describe Jesus as “God” but instead “our Saviour”

Example:- “looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ." (ASV)

Details: Titus 2:13 [http://bit.ly/ysjAgS]

2 Peter 1:1 in Codex Sinaiticus: righteousness of the Lord (NOT God) of us and Savior Jesus Christ.

The Greek letters which look like "KY" are a nomen sacrum form of the Greek word kyrios ("lord") found in the image of the Codex.

For actual image [http://bit.ly/yNZf03]

Zechariah 12:10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication, and they will look onto Me whom (et asher) they have pierced and they will mourn for Him as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep for Him like the weeping over a first born.”

The The Hebrew words "et asher" means “concerning whom/concerning that” but never as whom.

The correct translation of Zechariah 12:10 should be:-

"they will look onto Me concerning whom they have pierced and they will mourn for him"

Details regarding Zechariah 12:10 [http://bit.ly/x8dRlW]

Source(s): Explained concept of trinity by Dr. Zakir Naik: http://bit.ly/z8cqhr 28 Biblical Passages Which Explicitly Teach There is Only One God:- http://www.irr.org/mit/one-god.html THERE IS NO CLAIM OF TRINITY IN THE BIBLE The closest verse is [1st Epistle of John, chapter 5 verse no. 7] (R.S.V) "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one." Thrown out of the Bible as a concoction, fabrication and an interpolation. Because this verse does not exist in the original manuscript.

I don't understand your connection between Jesus being crucified and Him being part of the trinity. Jesus was a man (the greatest) the son of God. Whether or not there is a trinity has nothing to do with whether He was crucified. He was crucified. I do believe in the trinity. God, Jesus, and the holy spirit. Think of the trinity as a family. You can have 3 people in one family. Those 3 people are separate. Yes I believe that Jesus could heal people and remove their sins, but he would never use these"powers" on HImself. I don't totally understand your question, but I'm trying to tell you at least what I believe.

Source(s): catholic

Because the word trinity is never found in the Bible some wonder about whether this is a biblical doctrine or not, but the absence of a term used to describe a doctrine does not necessarily mean the term is not biblical. The issue is, does the term accurately reflect what the Scripture teaches? In reality, due to the incomprehensible nature of the truth this term reflects, some believe it is a poor word to describe exactly what the Bible teaches us about this truth concerning God. When anyone studies a doctrine like this, reads about it in a theology book, or in an article like this one, it may appear that the writer is saying, “Here are the doctrines we believe, and this is what you must believe, so believe them!” But as Ryrie points out, “If that’s the case it is only because you are looking at the results of someone’s study, not the process”1 that led to their position on a particular doctrine.

The goal is to investigate the facts of Scripture so one can see from the process of investigation presented in this study just what the Bible teaches us about how God exists. Historically, the church has believed that He exists in Holy Trinity or Triunity. The tri-personality of God is exclusively a Christian doctrine and a truth of Scripture. It is this doctrine that will be investigated in what follows. Our purpose, then, is to demonstrate that the doctrine of the trinity (triunity) of the Godhead is another biblical revelation that teaches us more about the nature of God or how He exists. The Bible teaches us that God not only exists as a personal Spirit being, but that He does so in Holy Trinity.

• Jase

God's Word The Bible Teaches That God is a Trinity

The Word Trinity means 3 in One

The Trinity is ONE God in three Persons

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit is the ONE GOD

This picture helps http://www.gotquestions.org/images/trinity.jpg

Did you know that we ourselves are a Trinity. We have a Body, Spirit and Soul but we are ONE. The Body is Distinct from The Spirit and The Body is Distinct from the Soul and The Spirit is Distinct from the Body and the Spirit is Distinct from the Soul and the Soul is Distinct from the Body and the Soul is Distinct from the Spirit, so as you can see we ourselves are a Trinity. we ourselves are 3 in ONE Interesting :)

The Trinity is ONE God and God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and The Father is Distinct from the Son and the Father is Distinct from the Holy Spirit and the Son is Distinct from the Father and the Son is Distinct from Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is Distinct from the Father and the Holy Spirit is Distinct from the Son and all 3 persons are the ONE GOD

The Trinity is ONE God in three persons. God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Trinue nature of God is seen through out scripture such as Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness,

US and OUR is plural meaning more then one person

Jesus is Fully God

Colossians 2:9 NIV

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

Does it say lesser or least ? NO it says all the fullness. Jesus is fully God

God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ

2 Corinithians 5:19 NIV

that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Jesus the Word was God

John 1:1 NIV

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Lord our God is One

Mark 12:29 NIV

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Jesus is Lord

Luke 2:11 NIV

for there is born to you this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.

The Father even said to the Son your throne O God.

The Father called the Son God

Hebrews 1:8 NIV

But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.

firstborn can mean firstborn into a family and it can also mean a title of high rank.

David who was the last one born in his family in ( 1 Chronicles 2:13-15 )

was called firstborn by God in ( Psalm 89:20,27)

Firstborn in Colossians 1:15 and Hebrews 1:6 is a title of high rank.

It does NOT say firstcreation in either of these two verses.

Jesus said I and the Father are One

John 10:30 NIV

I and the Father are one."

God is our Only Savior

Isaiah 43:10-11 NIV

You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. 11 I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Jesus is Savior

Luke 2:11 NIV

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

The Holy Spirit is God

Acts 5:3-4 NIV

Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God."

As you can see the Bible teaches there is ONE God and that God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit but is One God.

The Trinity is True

God is a trinity

Three Persons in ONE God

God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

The second Person of the Trinity is Jesus in the flesh.

• Trudy

Abraham is willing to sacrifice Isaac his only son and God instead of letting him provides a way of escape for him. Alternatively, God is willing to sacrifice His Son and does so for the sake of all mankind Jews and Gentiles. Jews are not the only ones who will be saved on the day of Jesus' return but Gentiles also and any other man, woman or child who believes that He lived, died and rose again and keeps His commandments. And, yes, many of the old testament stories were mirrors to the events of the new testament. And in the book of Daniel it was fortold of the coming Messiah. I know this only answers a few of your many questions, but it's a start. It looks to me, and please don't be offended, that you should study the scriptures for yourself and let the Spirit (who is alive in you) lead you and guide you to the truth. It shall set you free.

The scriptures are full of verses that show the cnnection between The Father,Jesus( Messiah,Son),The Holy Spirit.

the bible does not mention the trinity, in it it calls jesus the son of god, not god the son.

people soon began to bleieve in the tri god view.

basicly god the father creates and looks over god stuff

god the son is jesus...

the holy spirit fuked mary and got her pregnant with jesus to put in a funny way

strangly the trinity works the same as teh hindu trimurti and yet the trimurti is condemned...

each has their own equal power,non is more powerful than the other.

god refers to the bible when they say that in teh bible

jesus refers to the son

and they mention the holy spirit

but never do they say this is a trinity

and no im not christian

Jesus is God and as God is all-powerful. God is triune and consists of God the Father, Jesus and God the Holy Spirit.

There is a great deal of Scriptural evidence that Jesus Christ is God. The evidence is comprised not only of specific statements, but also in prophecy fulfillment and his attributes. Let’s first look at some of explicit Scriptural evidence. In this section, we won’t limit ourselves to only giving the text of two verses.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…. No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.” – John 1:1

“Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” – John 20:28

I want to pause just a moment to discuss the verses above. The Greek word for God is theos. In John 1:1, we read that the Word (Jesus) was with theos and was indeed theos. Jesus was (and is) God! This is a very powerful statement! The word theos is used not only in John 1:1, but also in verse 18 and in John 20:28. Theos is used in the New Testament in reference to Jehovah/Yahweh God. Theos is also used in reference to Jesus. We’re beginning to see the plurality found within the one God.

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." – Revelation 4:11 (the words of the 24 elders to Jesus).

“…Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” – Acts 20:28

Once again, in the verses above Jesus is referred to as theos. In Acts 20:28, we know that Jesus shed His blood for the church, and as one person of the triune God, this action is the action of God. Now let’s look at some common compound references to Jesus:

“…the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ” – Titus 2:13

“…To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours” – 2 Peter 1:1

In the passages above, both “God” and “Savior” are used in reference to Jesus Christ. There is no division of the clause. Scholar Robert Reymond writes, “The two nouns [‘God’ and ‘Savior’] both stand under the regimen of the single definitive article preceding ‘God,’ indicating…that they are to be construed corporately, not separately, or that they have a single referent.”[5] In other words, attempts to divide this clause into a reference to God and a separate reference to Jesus as Savior flies against the Greek grammatical construct. These verses provide additional powerful and clear evidence that Jesus is Jehovah/Yahweh God. Let’s now turn our attention to more verses that reveal Jesus to be Jehovah/Yahweh.

“That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved…. for, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’” – Romans 10:9,13. Note: Paul reveals Jesus to be the same “Lord” referred to in Joel 2:32, which he quotes. In Joel 2:32, “LORD” is Jehovah/Yahweh.

“…that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” – Philippians 2:10-11. Note: “Lord” = Jehovah/Yahweh.

“…now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.” – 1 Peter 2:3. This verse is taken almost identically from Psalms 34:8, where “Lord” is Jehovah/Yahweh. From the verses that follow verse 3, it is clear this is a reference to Jesus.

Another way we know that Jesus is Jehovah/Yahweh comes from the fulfillment of an Old Testament prophecy. Zechariah 12:10 says, “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.” This verse is part of an oracle given by Jehovah/Yahweh. This passage starts off in verse 1, “This is the word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares…” Jehovah/Yahweh prophesies that He will be pierced. It is widely accepted among scholarly circles that this was fulfilled in the crucifixion and spearing of Jesus Christ. This is confirmed in Revelation 1:7 wherein we read concerning Jesus, “Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.”