What should I do, break up or try and work it out?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 7 months. Things were going pretty good in the beginning but we did have an occasional fight. His ex-girlfriend is friends with all of his friends and is around all the time. I don't like her and every time I see her I want to beat her stupid smile off her face.... show more Me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 7 months. Things were going pretty good in the beginning but we did have an occasional fight. His ex-girlfriend is friends with all of his friends and is around all the time. I don't like her and every time I see her I want to beat her stupid smile off her face. One night when me and him were fighting he flirted with her all night and she was flirting back and asking him to buy her drinks and he did. He also has told me when we were fighting that he was flirting with her that one night because he was done with me and trying to get back together with her and then he took it back saying he was joking. His friends go camping and stuff like that a lot and she usually goes with them. I told my boyfriend I'm not going if she's there and he told me yes I was which ensued another fight. I told him that maybe in a couple years I'll be okay with it but not anytime soon. He also said to me when arguing about this ex that all his other exes were cool with hanging out with her which I replied with well look how well those relationships turned out and then he said well I'd still be with the one if she hadn't of cheated on me.
Then he's always pointing out my physical and other flaws. And sometimes I feel like he's trying to make me into his exes by wanting me to look different, go to the gym, take up hobbies that they use to do with him. Granted I don't have any hobbies or interests and have had some bad habits (smoking,excessive drinking) so sometimes I think that the changes are good for me.
But I love him. I mean really love him. Whenever we fight and break up he's always the one to call or text me the next day to try and fix things. He always says how he wants this to be his last relationship and to have a future together. We just went on a vacation to Mexico over Valentines day and it was his first real vacation with a girlfriend. The whole trip was great we got along really well and then as soon as we got back home and I saw his ex met his friends that we were hanging out with at the bar the fighting started again.
I don't know what to do. I hate his friends, dealing with his ex-girlfriend, the way it seems like he's trying to change me. Should I end it now before we get in even deeper? Or should I try to make things work?
Update: The night he was flirting with her we weren't broken up just fighting. But it was because she met him and all his friends out somewhere while I was still home getting ready and he didn't tell me. Still no excuse though.
And he hates my dog.