Should I use this old bottle of tequila (plastic container)?

In 2008 I received a free bottle of tequila from the resort I was staying at in Mexico. I was not of age to drink it at the time and decided I would wait until a special time to open it up. Well 4 years later it is still not opened but I want to use it this weekend. The brand is not well known and I doubt it is... show more In 2008 I received a free bottle of tequila from the resort I was staying at in Mexico. I was not of age to drink it at the time and decided I would wait until a special time to open it up. Well 4 years later it is still not opened but I want to use it this weekend.

The brand is not well known and I doubt it is high quality at ALL. The container is made of plastic and there is are a bunch of brown particles at the bottom of the bottle.... I'm not sure if there was ever a tiny worm at the bottom that disintegrated over time or something (then again it would be labeled as Mezcal if that were the case).

What do you guys think? Should I toss it or is it safe to drink?
1 answer 1