To all of you culinary school graduates out there I need some help!?

Alright, so I'm currently in college with my declared degree as political science. Honestly political science.....I don't see where that will get me after school or what jobs would be that interesting with a poli sci degree. So I've been contemplating culinary school because I love food, love to cook... show more Alright, so I'm currently in college with my declared degree as political science. Honestly political science.....I don't see where that will get me after school or what jobs would be that interesting with a poli sci degree. So I've been contemplating culinary school because I love food, love to cook and bake and have spend time in the restaurant business and enjoy that too. I have a friend who went to a cordon bleu school and highly, highly recommends it, but I've also been reading online that the CIA schools are the best to get a job after school because they are the "number one culinary institute in America". My question is which would you, as culinary school graduates, recommend to me? Do they both include a lot of hands on teaching? I heard the le cordon bleu schools only last 15 months and cost about 40,000 but what does the CIA run? Will future employers be more likely to employ me after graduating from one than the other?
Thanks for your help and if you have any other info you think would be useful to me I appreciate it all!
1 answer 1