What would be a good car for a teen driver?

Hi guys (:

I'm a teen girl looking for a good first car.

I want it to get really good gas mileage. Maybe somewhere around 40 and up...

I like sporty style, but anything that is cute, safe, and efficient would be great! Any recommendations? What would be a good car for me?

• ?

A great safe vehicle for a new driver would be the 2012 Chevrolet Sonic or the Chevrolet Cruze. Both of these vehicles are great on fuel too.

The 2012 Sonic has an estimated fuel economy of 25mpg city, 35mpg highway and 28mpg combined. This is with the 1.8L, four cylinder engine and automatic transmission.

The 2012 Chevrolet Cruze with the 1.8L, four cylinder engine with the automatic transmission has an estimated fuel economy of 22mpg city, 35mpg highway and 27mpg combined.

Sonic features OnStar® with standard Directions & Connections® making it the only small car with standard Turn-by-Turn Navigation. Sonic also offers USB and Bluetooth® wireless technology for select phones, plus the MyChevrolet mobile application that includes vehicle connectivity for parking reminders, remote door lock/unlock and diagnostic codes.

For the 2012 Cruze, we offer the Eco mode which Delivers segment-leading 28 city/42 highway mpg fuel economy. Aerodynamic improvements, weight reduction and powertrain modifications, along with a lower front grille with “active aerodynamics” that uses a small electric motor to open a grille air shutter at low speeds and close it at higher speeds, help achieve this milestone. The Cruze is equipped with 10 standard air bags––more than any segment competitor––along with standard StabiliTrak, Traction Control, ABS with Brake Assist and OnStar.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

Congrats on looking for your first car, and I recommend considering the 2012 Kia Rio 5-door which was named "Best Hatchback" by VroomGirls.com for stunning design, fun-to-drive performance and overall value! It also gets an EPA estimated 30/40 mpg (city/highway) for both the 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic models. Actual mileage will vary. It also features integrated USB/Auxiliary Input Jacks that allow you to enjoy your favorite songs from your own music library.

If you’re interested, you can take it and the rest of lineup for a virtual spin at Kia.com! While you’re there, I also recommend learning more about Kia’s 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program by selecting “Warranty” at the bottom of the page.

Happy car shopping,

Schuyler

40mpg or higher is going to be hard to find outside of hybrids. Even newer cars like the 2012 hyundai elantra and 2012 ford focus get a maximum of about 40mpg highway and as low as mid 20's mpg city. Honda civics are a popular choice if you want good gas mileage, but despite popular belief hondas have had some serious issues and recalls for their transmissions so be careful and do your research. I like the 04-09 mazda3s (the ones without the clown face) for their sportiness and handling while still being able to get respectable gas mileage. Not to mention they are also very reliable.

• prato

you could definately check out getting a sedan-sort motor vehicle. One with 4 doors, would not take a seat too low, and is not great sporty. insurance is unfavorable for autos like that, relatively for an adolescent driving force. additionally, choose for an older motor vehicle. do not choose for a sparkling one except you want intense money. you will additionally want your mothers and fathers to cosign, yet that's in case you bypass to a dealership rather of paying for for from a private proprietor. My first motor vehicle grew to become right into a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire. My mothers and fathers unquestionably offered it for me through fact my mom works at a motor vehicle dealership. besides, I paid for gasoline and the insurance (approximately $50 a month for insurance). It grew to become right into a great motor vehicle and it quite stable shape. It grew to become right into a intense-high quality first motor vehicle and it grew to become into all mine. It have been given approximately 30 miles in line with gallon which grew to become into intense-high quality through fact then i might basically replenish approximately as quickly as a week (back whilst gasoline grew to become into much low-cost it wasn't that undesirable the two).

You can try a Holden Barina SB

or it's sporty version Holden Barina SB GSi

An older Audi quattro. Must be quattro. Safe

Volkswagen beetle

Anything with wheels, your going to total your first car anyways.

Source(s): Everyone does

corolla