when will tax refund reach my bank account?

"Where is my refund" link on irs website says that I will get my refund by Feb 28th.. but I dont see it in my account yet. If they send it on 28th through ACH, how long does it take to reflect in my account?

Favorite Answer

Check the account and the routing number from the copy to see if they are correct and see if the type of account (savings or checking). if they are correct, then your return is being examined or there may be adjustments that are being made or that you may have to do like the birth date of a dependent does not agree with the records of the SSA of the social security number: or some bizarre stuff like that.

Usually when wmr says a date, you should have it then, on the other hand, sometimes it takes the bank a couple of days to process, you should get your refund in a day or so. Call 1800-717-7228, that is the ach, all you need is your social, refund amount, and filing status. If the irs has released your refund it will show through this website . https://cisc.sbtpg.com but really you shouldn't worry, it takes the bank time to process as well. Good Luck

If it still says "BY" the 28th....sorry to say its still being processed. I am in the same boat as you. It will change when they refund you your money to either a definite DD day or to "you will receive it within 6 weeks...when you get one of those status updates thats when your money is on its way. I am glad I am not the only one left with the BY FEB 28TH DAY. Good lukc on getting it soon :)

depends on YOUR bank

Some are slower than others to post the deposits to accounts

Call and find out if your deposit is pending, where it is

Source(s): tax pro