What do you think about anime?

Since he was young, my boyfriend has loved anime - even now he watches lots of it, both old and new series. He's extremely passionate about it. I was never exposed to anime until meeting him and I'm finding it hard to get into. He's exposed me to several different series, including Naruto and Bleach,... show more Since he was young, my boyfriend has loved anime - even now he watches lots of it, both old and new series. He's extremely passionate about it.

I was never exposed to anime until meeting him and I'm finding it hard to get into. He's exposed me to several different series, including Naruto and Bleach, and I'm getting the impression that it's overly pervasive and childish. There seems to be no real plot, aside from some relationship-based drama, and the rest is anime girls in slutty outfits flaunting their giant breasts.

As far as entertainment goes, I don't enjoy shows that are largely based in relationship drama - it bores me and I think it's a waste of time.

So, what do YOU think anime is? Do you think anime can be intellectually stimulating? Should I give anime another shot, or should he grow up and leave the childishness behind?