I had a code on my check engine light and it pin pointed to be the TP sensor on my ford focus zx3. help?

I just recently replaced my TP sensor in my car, I erased all the codes and my check engine light came on. I have 2 new codes...p0120 and p0121 codes...and its something related to the TP sensor, but I dont know what it is....can anybody help me

• Ted
    Favorite Answer

You will have to have a scan tool and check the freeze frame data in the computer. This will tell you which sensor readings were out of whack. This tells mechanics where to look for the problem. You can get a service manual and it will tell you what the codes were, but won't let you look at the freeze frame data. ALLDATA(online service manual) is a good place to start. Getting a good code scanner if this vehicle still has an OBD(on board diagnostic) 2 computer in it is a must if you don't want to spend a lot of time and money on checking out what's wrong. Consider it part of the overall cost of the vehicle. The service manual and scan tool will make maintenance and repairs much easier and less costly.

Source(s): 25 years ASE GM master tech http://www.alldata.com