Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How to lose weight quickly?

just a simple question. how does someone lose weight quickly?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you try to lose too much too quickly your body will go into "starvation mode", meaning it will start to start to break down your muscle tissue for energy and store many of the few calories you do take in as an emergency reserve.

It is advisable to aim for a loss of 1 to 2 lbs per week.

You need to find out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), the amount of calories you use at rest, then create a calorie deficit, which means to take in less calories than you exert.

For example, a person with a BMR of 2000 calories,

If they ate 1500 a day and burnt off 500 of those with exercise (1500 - 500 = 1000)

they would use 1000 calories more than they took in each day (1000 - 2000 = -1000)

a calorie deficit of 1000 per day would accumulate to 7000 per week

There are 3500 calories to 1 lb of body fat,

so to lose 1 to 2 lbs per week you should aim to create a deficit of 500 to 1000 per day.

• 9 years ago

If your looking into losing weight you can try weight watchers or join a local gym. Running or walking in reps everyday will help your heart health and you will lose weight. I would run if it was me just run farther and farther each day.! Hope this helps!

Source(s): www.weightwatchers.com
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

By eating less and cutting down on sugary stuff i.e chocolate sweets etc and excercise for about 1 or 2 hours i hope i helped :)

• 9 years ago

Exercise, and maybe try to eat wheat bread and substitute other things for healthier choices.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

if your lifestyle or career includes a lot of socializing out at dinners or drinks start scheduling workout dates with friends co workers or even clients

• 5 years ago

Do squats while talking chatting on the cell phone and also while brushing

• 5 years ago

skip waiting rooms

• 5 years ago

watch one less hour of tv

• Stan M
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

atkins

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.