I have had the Gerber Gator for about 15 years and its a great knife for any outdoors man. I like it because it works well when wet in an outdoor environment. It's all about grip living here in the Pacific Northwest, it rains here just a bit. All are good knives but it comes down to personal preference, do you want a folding or fixed blade? How long of a blade do you need? Are you gutting deer or fish with it? The Gator and Bear Grylls knives are folding knives and have better grip I think when wet and the Freeman is a fixed blade. They all come in various forms to fit your needs. Here are the descriptions I got from www.thesurvivalplace.com, they got all these knives at low prices by the way. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of these knives, Gerber makes a good quality knife.
Gator Folders - Serrated - $28.00
Ever notice how alligators are completely indifferent to the weather? Well these prized knives are the same way, because they perform to their fullest whether the conditions are wet or dry. If there's a job to be done, our Gator Folders are more than up to it. But that's not just us talking. The Gator Folders employs advanced thermoplastics with an alligator skin texture to deliver a stunningly reliable, ultimately comfortable grip. Who could have guessed that the feel of reptile scales would be so satisfying? All models feature a lock-back mechanism. And a blade made of high-carbon stainless steel that's as rugged as they come.
Overall Length: 8.58"
Closed Length: 4.96"
Blade Length: 3.76"
Freeman Guide Knife - Drop Point, Nylon Sheath, Clam Pack - $20.01
Full tang construction and a TacHide(TM) onlay make the Freeman Guide Fixed blade a must have for hunters.
- Lightweight Handle - Easy to carry
- TacHide(TM) Onlay - For secure grip in all conditions
- Large Finger Grooves - For comfort and security
- Full Fine Edge Blade or Gut Hook
- Nylon Sheath - Wear resistant
- Blade Length: 4.0 in.
- Overall Length: 8.4 in.
- Weight: 4.4 oz.
Bear Grylls Series - Folding Sheath Knife - $19.93
Based on the Ultimate Knife. For people who want a serious blade, yet compact, fold-able and able to fit neatly into a sheath, on a belt and out of the way.
- ½ Serrated High Carbon Stainless Steel Drop Point Blade – Ideal for edge retention and cutting rope
- Dual-Sided Thumb Stud – For easy single-hand opening
- Ergonomic Textured Rubber Grip – Maximizes comfort and reduces slippage
- Lock Back – Locks blade securely in place and maximizes safety during closing
- Nylon sheath – Lightweight, military-grade, mildew resistant sheath allows for horizontal or vertical carry
- Priorities of Survival – Pocket guide contains Bear’s survival essentials
- Overall Length: 8.5"
- Closed Length: 4.9"
- Blade Length: 3.6"
- Weight (with sheath): 5.3 oz.
- Weight (no sheath): 4.3 oz.