Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 8 years ago

Can you please put these verses from the Quran in context for me? Thank you?

1. "Whoever thinks that Allah will not help him (Muhammad) in this world and in the Hereafter, let him stretch out a rope to the ceiling and let him strangle himself. Then let him see whether his plan will remove that whereat he rages!" Quran 22:15, Interpretation of the meaning of the noble Quran, Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali, Saudi Arabia

2. "The fornicatress and fornicator, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment. [This punishment is for unmarried persons guilty of the above crime (illegal sex), but if married person commit it (illegal sex), the punishment is to stone them to death, according to Allah's Law]." Quran 24:2, Interpretation of the meaning of the noble Quran, Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali, Saudi Arabia

@Amani Kizzy Black

1)Quran 22:15, Interpretation of the meaning of the noble Quran, Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali, Saudi Arabia

2)Quran 24:2, Interpretation of the meaning of the noble Quran, Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali, Saudi Arabia

If my info is wrong, then I am sorry. Please help me better understand your world view. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

al Qur'an, Surat al Haj, 22:15

Sahih International

Whoever should think that Allah will not support [Prophet Muhammad] in this world and the Hereafter - let him extend a rope to the ceiling, then cut off [his breath], and let him see: will his effort remove that which enrages [him]?

That is from the most Authentic translation of the Qur'an - the Sahih International. No, you are not wrong. Kizzy Black is wrong or is yanking your chain. Link provided below.

It's quite simple to understand, really. It's supposed to be Allah, speaking through Mohammad's lips, as usual, telling those who think that he [Mohammad] isn't really the Prophet and doesn't have Allah backing him up, should hang themselves. [And, he'll see that his rage against Mohammad was in vain.]

The second one, however, is in error.

al Qur'an, Surat an Nur, 24:2

Sahih International

The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah , if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment.

There is nothing about rajm or stoning to death there.

In fact, this is the particular ayat, or verse, which is the center of controversy. The verse is supposed to have been abrogated by a later one, but, according to the Sahih Hadiths, Aisha's goat ate up the original manuscripts.

Tehreek al-Tabari, p.1523: “The only fault I ever found in ‘Ā’ishah is that, when I was kneading my dough and ordered her to watch it, she fell asleep over it, and the pet sheep (or a goat) came and ate it.”

Sunan Ibn-e-Maja,

“Narrated by Hazrat Ā’ishah that ayat-e-Rajm and ayat Raza’at were revealed, they were written on something. I kept them under the cart, meanwhile the holy prophet died and we became busy and a goat came and ate those ayyats”

In these manuscripts which Aisha's goat ate up, the amendment of stoning to death were supposed have have been there.

.

Hey they are not real verses as i just checked them are you sure you got this from the quran or just from the net as there is no such thing