tattoo flaking off after 10 days?

basically this is what my tattoo looked like the day after i got it: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=s3ohlz&s=5

and now it's been 10 days and little black flakes are coming off. i have been putting lotion on it whenever it looks dry (sorry the pic is sideways): http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2r3jc5f&s=5

what is going on?!

Update:

oh in case anyone was wondering yes i already asked this like 15 mins ago but i added pics :D

Update 2:

@ °ÇÅ܆Π° yeah i know haha it was a friend, not a shop. i know it's not perfect but i don't mind. i don't think it was twitching cuz i didn't think it hurt. i think it was just cuz he was drunk :b

Update 3:

@ °ÇÅ܆Π° yeah i know haha it was a friend, not a shop. i know it's not perfect but i don't mind. i don't think it was twitching cuz i didn't think it hurt. i think it was just cuz he was drunk :b

Update 4:

^idk why it added that twice hahaha

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

thanks for the pics ,i told you,you were fine its normal .but i also wanted to say that the person that did it did not do that great of job sorry to tell you . it looks like to me wrong needles,to much pressure its kinda crooked it would blame that maybe on pain? twitching.who did it? a friend or a shop?

newly added

hahahah im good huh im sorry to hear that but uh thats why most artist will stress this not to be tattoing with friends unless they are pros (and not drunk would help) but what really matters is if your happy ok

Source(s): i do tattoos and i have them everywhere ,
  • Nancy
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Your tattoo artist should have given you specific directions as to what you should be doing for aftercare. Non scented lotion is usually the best option for the first few weeks. This is suggested to be used three to four times a day to keep the tattoo moisturized. However, some tattoo artists just let their tattoos dry out and heal on their own. Tattoos are an open wound with ink injected into them. When you get burnt, doesn't your skin peel in order to prepare for new skin? This is the same process with a tattoo. It is normal for them to peel. The places that have flaked off, are they just a lighter black? Does it look as if there is a glaze over the tattoo? This is completely normal. In a few days, it will look just as it should. It is a natural healing process. From now on, continue to moisturize your tattoo, even after the healing process is complete. It will keep the tattoo from fading and it will continue to look healthy throughout your life. If the tattoo is damaged, you can probably go back to your artist and request a touch up in a couple of weeks. Most places offer them for free, but there may only be specific days in which they do touch ups. I think your tattoo is going to be fine.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Considering a tattoo is an open wound, it's natural for it to scar over and then the scab to fall off on it's own. It's normal with tattoos, but do NOT pick at it! Keep using lotion on it to keep it moisturized and healthy.

• 9 years ago

It's normal. It happens after your skin heals from the tattooing process and sheds. Your tattoo is the permanent ink marks underneath. It'll stop soon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Par 4
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

My tattoos do that every now and then also. It's nothing to worry about, I hear it's natural and it doesn't affect the color of your tattoo. My tattoos sometimes "raise up" where you can feel the designs of the tattoos. Once again, perfectly normal.

• Red
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Your tattoo is obviously ruined, if that second picture is how it really looks.. then that ****** sucks lol idk what you should do but put cover up on it forever because honestly it looks really bad like a drunk person did it..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.