Christians: Do atheists really deserve hell?

And if we do, could you please tell me why we deserve it and if we don't, please tell me why it is not within the jurisdiction of God to save us.

Theoretically speaking of course.

• Anna

We ALL deserve hell, Christians included. The only reason Christians are saved is because Jesus Christ paid their penalty, not because they were good people or have done good deeds.

Romans 3:23 (KJV)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3:10-12 (KJV)

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Do atheists deserve hell? Yes. Do Christians deserve hell? Yes. Do I deserve hell? Yes.

Have atheists fallen short of the glory of God? Yes. Have Christians? Yes. Have I? Yes.

All we all sinners? Yes.

Does God want us to go to hell? No. That's why He paid the debt of our sins. Which is why if we accept his gift of salvation out of grace, we are saved. And that's why believers share the gospel, to save people from the place we all deserve to go. If we wanted atheists to go to hell, we wouldn't be sharing the gospel.

Entering the kingdom of heaven is not a right, it's a gift we don't deserve. That's what the grace of God means. Any Christian who says otherwise is going against the Word of God and needs to be rebuked. The gift of salvation is offered to all humanity. That's why I will preach the gospel until my dying breath.

Not christian, anglican. And no you don't deserve hell, I believe my god is all forgiving. As long as you try to be the best you, you could possibly be on earth. I'm actually quite a science nerd, and a lot of the bible doesn't make sense but I don't think all of it is meant to be taken literally, idk exactly.

All I know is on a brainscan, atheists brains are slightly different than religious. (Not physically but there's a part that controls the feeling of spirituality). This doesn't disprove my religion, I am religious only because of personal experiences

Source(s): 16, 3 near death experiences. Been religious for about 2 years.
  • Jim V

Heaven is the presence of God.

Hell is to be away from the presence of God.

We all fall short of what it takes to be in God's presence on our own.

God's grace comes through faith in Jesus.

- what we can't do for ourselves he did for us.

God wants all men to be reconciled to him.

Yet his nature requires justice and purity.

God's grace comes though faith in Jesus.

- Jesus sacrifice satisfies the justice and provides the purity.

God does have the jurisdiction to take in those with just the tiniest bit of faith, but he judges the heart of a person so he knows where there is true faith and posing faith.

So, theoretically speaking, turn from your ways and seek God's ways and the question is moot. The choice is all yours - theoretically speaking. Feel free to write if you want to explore these theories.

• John67

It's within the jurisdiction of God to save everyone, but many people don't want to be saved.

Look at this vile mob of Christian hypocrites, how they descend like flies to attack any who so openly question their authority over your mind! It is they, not the atheists who practice coercion through psychological intimidation, and it is they, not us, who condemn others with such grisly and violent threats, that they really should be jailed for menacing.

On hellfire - do you deserve this? Just for speaking your mind honestly? Absolutely not! Only Christians deserve this! They are the ones who created hellfire!

You are far more bold and far more honest than any Christian for speaking your mind honestly, so don't ever let them intimidate you. They are the ones who choose to nod yes to obvious lies, and bully others into submission with inanely metaphysical ideas, but truth always stands on its own.

Atheists are not all like Ayn Rand and her self-inflated followers any more than all Muslims are terrorists, or all Christians are abortion clinic bombers. Start reading the works of Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris. I particularly like Dawkins' "The Selfish Gene", which explains the (obvious) non-sentient selfish behavior of genes in all life forms, while not failing to point out the natural altruism exhibited in many life forms, including humanity.

Sociable behavior does NOT depend on faith in any god, much less Jesus! Even if it happens that the altruism practiced by an atheist happens to be consistent with his own self-interest, every single Christian who wags on that angle is a lying hypocrite, unless he doesn't believe his faith bought him a ticket out of hellfire and into the cloud city. In which case he's just a bully for attacking people, just because they won't buy what he wants to sell them.

Being an atheist, I'm sure you understand the pointlessness of those who use Bible verse to support their case with you? They really aren't very bright people!

Yes, because you are unbelievers. That sin is here = In the book of Revelation, God says, "He who overcomes (that's of Christians who hold fast their faith even unto death against the power of their foes, and temptations and persecutions) shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly (that's timid or fearful people, and you can't be a coward if you're going to truly follow the Lord Jesus Christ because most people are not going to like you for doing it. That's because most people are not going to heaven, explained by Jesus in Matthew 7:13,14. Jesus also pointed out that some people have the devil as their father and they act like him. He was a murderer from the beginning, found in John 8:44. But you shouldn't be a coward in regards to what other people might want to do to you. So be strong in the faith.) Again, the cowardly, unbelieving (that's faithless or unfaithful people), abominable (that's people full of hate), murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers (people who prepare or use magical remedies), idolaters, and all liars (or deceitful people) shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone." (Rev. 21:7,8) ~ So if you are bound up with being a liar or sexually immoral, then you will be right there with the murderers who will burn in the lake of fire, unless you repent.

• well theoretically all of you will not go to hell because

"And I saw a great white throne, and I saw the one who was sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to the things written in the books, ACCORDING TO WHAT THEY HAD DONE. . . And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:11-12, 15,

Source(s): christians are in the book of the lamb everyone else is in the book of life so in general be a good person and not an ass and you might still get in
  • FIRE

You deserve hell not only because you stand against God, but also because you mislead a lot of people. Anyone knows that this world does have a maker and several people are happy because of that. When they are denied justice and comfort here, their hope is in Him and His kingdom; surely God will comfort them there forever..but what are you people doing? You are not only ruining yourselves but also are trying to misguide many who have close relationship with God.

To SF00L:

Just two clarifications: When bible says earth can not be moved, it literally means it; Earth can not be moved from its orbit where God placed it.

And you last quote from revelation: Are you not living in today? When Jesus comes again, every eye on earth will see it for sure; Earth does not need to be flat..through TV and NET everyone would be able to see it..

Deserving hell is like deserving The phantom zone. Jor-el is ever so cruel!