Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 8 years ago

Is Sharia law composed more from Hadiths or the Noble Quran?

How much of the Sharia is formed by hadiths?

and how much of it is formed of the noble Quran?

I am only aware that hadiths have been written down 300 or 200 yrs after the Quran. Some hadiths contradict the Quran and contradict eachother while some hadiths dont.

http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/part_1/history...

Update:

@ SMH which hadith do you follow ? Sahih Buhkari or something else ? btw i asked how much of Sharia law is composed or hadiths and Quran. You didnt answer that =p

Update 2:

@ Tony

Stoning is violent and torturous ... i don't support it because Allah doesn't. i have not read in the Quran anywhere that stoning is recommended. INSTEAD i read several times that Allah if forgiving and merciful and we should be as well.

I cannot accept violence as part of Islam which mean peace. They dont go hand in hand , violence to me as a Muslim if a foreign nature/act.

Update 3:

@ SMH

Sahih Buhkari

Volume 7, Book 63, Number 195:

Narrated Jabir:

A man from the tribe of Bani Aslam came to the Prophet while he was in the mosque and said, "I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." The Prophet turned his face to the other side. The man turned towards the side towards which the Prophet had turned his face, and gave four witnesses against himself. On that the Prophet called him and said, "Are you insane?" (He added), "Are you married?" The man said, 'Yes." On that the Prophet ordered him to be stoned to the death in the Musalla (a praying place). When the stones hit him with their sharp edges and he fled, but he was caught at Al-Harra and then killed

yet stoning isnt mentioned in the Quran ... so explain that . Instead Quran mentions lashes...

Update 4:

@ SMH

Sahih Buhkari

Volume 7, Book 63, Number 195:

Narrated Jabir:

A man from the tribe of Bani Aslam came to the Prophet while he was in the mosque and said, "I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." The Prophet turned his face to the other side. The man turned towards the side towards which the Prophet had turned his face, and gave four witnesses against himself. On that the Prophet called him and said, "Are you insane?" (He added), "Are you married?" The man said, 'Yes." On that the Prophet ordered him to be stoned to the death in the Musalla (a praying place). When the stones hit him with their sharp edges and he fled, but he was caught at Al-Harra and then killed

yet stoning isnt mentioned in the Quran ... so explain that . Instead Quran mentions lashes...

Update 5:

@ NOUB

My definition of violence is killing an innocent person, torturing someone. Stoning is part of it.

@ SMH

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO QUESTION WHETHER IF SOMEONE IS MUSLIM OR NOT. Who are you to tell me that i'm not a Muslim? You are no one and besides a Muslim doesnt have the right to call another Muslim a kaffir. Its a sin in Islam.

Update 6:

@ NOUB and @ SMH

The punishment for adultery in the Quran is given in 24:2 and it is 100 lashes. However, the hadith, which is obviously a lie against the Prophet(PBUH), gives a punishment of stoning to death for adultery!

Noub you seem to believe in the hadiths over the Quran. The revelation from Allah is flawless while Hadiths are accounts by men collected over the course of many years. You should read the history of hadiths.

Update 7:

@ SMH Yes it does contradict the Quran , it goes against the Quran. Stoning isnt mentioned in the Quran. Do you believe the hadith prevails over the Quran?

Update 8:

@ SMH Yes it does contradict the Quran , it goes against the Quran. Stoning isnt mentioned in the Quran. Do you believe the hadith prevails over the Quran?

Update 9:

@ NOUB

why are you bringing up old testament ? we Muslims dont follow the Old testament , we follow the Quran. Besides the Jews were given strict harsh laws by God because they disobeyed him many times.

If stoning isnt mentioned then its simple really, NO STONING. Thats why is said not all hadiths are believable. I didnt say every hadith is wrong.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sharia, or Islamic Law, is based more upon the Sahih Hadiths than the Qur'an. The reason for this is that the Qur'an was totally tampered with and altered by the Caliph Uthman bin Affan who :-

[1] seized and burned all the available manuscripts of the original Qur'an, or the Recitation, that were written by the 42 scribes who wrote for Mohammad bin Abdullah al Muttailib al Hashim al Quraish, aka the Prophet of Islam.

[2] He [Uthman] divided the entire compilation into different Chapters which he named and added salutations to;

[3] and, in so doing, he totally changed the chronological order in which the "Revelations" were received.

[4] And, he also deleted 442 ayats, or verses, on the grounds that they were already abrogated by succeeding verses of the ayatul sayf.

[5] However, the most important reason for the dependence upon the Sahih Hadiths is the fact that some of the original verses were not included for reasons as silly as that Aisha's goat went and ate up the original manuscripts!

Sahih Bukhari: vol. 6, hadith 510, pp. 478-479; book 61 Narrated Anas bin Malik: Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to Uthman at the time when the people of Sham and the people of Iraq were Waging war to conquer Arminya and Adharbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur'an, so he said to 'Uthman, "O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Quran) ..." So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you." Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin AzZubair, Said bin Al-As and 'AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies. 'Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, "In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish, the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa. 'Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt. ..."

Tehreek al-Tabari, p.1523: “The only fault I ever found in ‘Ā’ishah is that, when I was kneading my dough and ordered her to watch it, she fell asleep over it, and the pet sheep (or a goat) came and ate it.”

Sunan Ibn-e-Maja,

“Narrated by Hazrat Ā’ishah that ayat-e-Rajm and ayat Raza’at were revealed, they were written on something. I kept them under the cart, meanwhile the holy prophet died and we became busy and a goat came and ate those ayyats”

Now, as you can see for yourself, the Qur'an was edited and totally altered by the Caliph Uthman, which is a well known and open fact.

As you said, yourself, the punishment, in the Qur'an, is a 100 lashes, but, in the later ayatul sayf verses, which Aisha's goat ate up, it was abrogated in the favor of rajm or stoning to death.

There are many more such things, which are equally or even more ridiculous, but, they are too many for me to detail here.

This is the reason why the Sharia holds the Sahih Hadiths in precedence over the Qur'an.

Hope this helped clarify matters.

Please, also, do understand the fact that I'm not supporting the Sharia, but, merely giving you the grounds upon which the dependence upon the Sahih Hadiths has many a time been explained as necessary by Fatwa.

Also, regarding the abrogations, please refer to this Fatwa which clarifies the abrogation of the Surat al Kaffirun and the "la ikhraha fid deen" or No compulsion in Religion":-

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/34770

• 8 years ago

Shari'a law is composed of the teachings of the Quran, hadith, and ijmaa (what the scholars conclude). The hadith are an explanation of the Quran. The Quran is the Word of Allah. It's all connected in one way or another.

And don't doubt the hadith either, especially the sahih ones. The compilers, may Allah have mercy on them, worked extremely hard to collect them and went through the painstaking process of checking the reliability of each and every one.

The reason we have schools of thought (Hanafi, Shafi', Maliki, and Hanbali) is so we won't get confused over which hadith to follow if they contradict one another. If they are contradictory doesn't mean one is false and the other is true. The Prophet (S) probably practiced both.

Don't worry yourself about which is more predominant. It won't affect you in any way. Put your trust in Allah, say Bismillah, and follow what it says.

Salam :)

• 8 years ago

Salam Sharia law is derived from the Qur'an and hadith plus fatwas of ulamas If the hadith is contradict with the Qur'an,the related hadith is false and it could not be included in the Sharia law The hadith were collected by Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim through narration of trusted family members and relatives of so many sahabahs (close friends)of Muhammad pbuh after evaluation of their honesty so it took so many times Allah knows everything best Violent or not all are words of Allah and prophet Muhammad who was guided by Allah Stoning until died for adultery is needed for making scare all of us for avoiding adultery and fornication.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Allah is the ONLY Law Giver in Islam. Ahadis are only an explanation

of Quranic verses. The Law is contained in Holy Quran. It is wrong to

say hadiths were written 200 years after. Most hadiths were written

during the life time of prophet Muhammad (SAW). Compilations were

made later after lot of investigation about the sources. There is no

authentic hadith that contradicts Quran.

Taste of pudding is in eating. Taste of a belief is in practicing, not in

finding faults in it.

Muhammad Javed Iqbal

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

why don't you believe me when i say stoning is apart of god's law(shariah)? -_-

when a hadith contradicts with the quran, you look at the quran first. if you don't believe in hadiths, then how do you know how to pray? quran says pray, but it does not tell you how.

astaghfirullah! allah made this a punishment and you claim he hates it. how do you know that? okay w.e. I won't waste my breath. but before you believe that stoning is not sharia, ask the people who know islam what they think of it and WHY.

you forgot to mention how this law is still in torah, untouched, and NEVER changed. you can go check it for yourself. they still haven't taken it out of the torah.

when the jews went to jesus and brought him an adulturer, so that they may test him to see if he was the true messiah. they asked him what he was going to do with this women. he said "let he who hasn't sinned throw the first rock." after waiting for a long while, they all left until it was just Isa and the adulturer. he said to her to change her way of life and to never do such an act again.

they did the same thing to Muhammad, they brought him an adulturer, they asked what he was going to do. . .

• 8 years ago

show me an AUTHENTIC hadith that contradicts Quran.......

--

your not Muslim are you.....? Why do you have Love Allah on your username if your not Muslim? Anyways, sorry if you are, i have no idea. And Bukhari is the most authentic book of hadiths. But, you said that there are some hadiths that contradict the Quran. Show me an example please........

--

no, your mistaken. i never said you weren't Muslim. i was questioning if you were even Muslim because of the question you were asking, i never once claimed you weren't Muslim, you just confused me with this question, and the previous questions where you said that Muslims are hypocrites. and btw, that hadith doesn't contradict anything in the Quran. Do you know what contradict even means?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

There's no empirical answer to this question.

It is composed of everything from the Qur'an and a lot from hadiths.

Basically, it composed from both.

Sharia = Islam

Islam = Qur'an + Sunnah

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No, you are no true muslim woman. How can you say that? You should be stoned.

Source(s): Allah's son
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.