Is Sharia law composed more from Hadiths or the Noble Quran?

How much of the Sharia is formed by hadiths? and how much of it is formed of the noble Quran? I am only aware that hadiths have been written down 300 or 200 yrs after the Quran. Some hadiths contradict the Quran and contradict eachother while some hadiths... show more How much of the Sharia is formed by hadiths?
and how much of it is formed of the noble Quran?

I am only aware that hadiths have been written down 300 or 200 yrs after the Quran. Some hadiths contradict the Quran and contradict eachother while some hadiths dont.

http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/part_1/history_hadith_1_(P1148).html
Update: @ SMH which hadith do you follow ? Sahih Buhkari or something else ? btw i asked how much of Sharia law is composed or hadiths and Quran. You didnt answer that =p
Update 2: @ Tony Stoning is violent and torturous ... i don't support it because Allah doesn't. i have not read in the Quran anywhere that stoning is recommended. INSTEAD i read several times that Allah if forgiving and merciful and we should be as well. I cannot accept violence as part of Islam which mean peace.... show more @ Tony
Stoning is violent and torturous ... i don't support it because Allah doesn't. i have not read in the Quran anywhere that stoning is recommended. INSTEAD i read several times that Allah if forgiving and merciful and we should be as well.

I cannot accept violence as part of Islam which mean peace. They dont go hand in hand , violence to me as a Muslim if a foreign nature/act.
Update 3: @ SMH Sahih Buhkari Volume 7, Book 63, Number 195: Narrated Jabir: A man from the tribe of Bani Aslam came to the Prophet while he was in the mosque and said, "I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." The Prophet turned his face to the other side. The man turned towards the side towards which the... show more @ SMH

Sahih Buhkari
Volume 7, Book 63, Number 195:
Narrated Jabir:

A man from the tribe of Bani Aslam came to the Prophet while he was in the mosque and said, "I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." The Prophet turned his face to the other side. The man turned towards the side towards which the Prophet had turned his face, and gave four witnesses against himself. On that the Prophet called him and said, "Are you insane?" (He added), "Are you married?" The man said, 'Yes." On that the Prophet ordered him to be stoned to the death in the Musalla (a praying place). When the stones hit him with their sharp edges and he fled, but he was caught at Al-Harra and then killed

yet stoning isnt mentioned in the Quran ... so explain that . Instead Quran mentions lashes...
Update 4: @ SMH Sahih Buhkari Volume 7, Book 63, Number 195: Narrated Jabir: A man from the tribe of Bani Aslam came to the Prophet while he was in the mosque and said, "I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." The Prophet turned his face to the other side. The man turned towards the side towards which the... show more @ SMH

Sahih Buhkari
Volume 7, Book 63, Number 195:
Narrated Jabir:

Update 5: @ NOUB My definition of violence is killing an innocent person, torturing someone. Stoning is part of it. @ SMH YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO QUESTION WHETHER IF SOMEONE IS MUSLIM OR NOT. Who are you to tell me that i'm not a Muslim? You are no one and besides a Muslim doesnt have the right to call another... show more @ NOUB

My definition of violence is killing an innocent person, torturing someone. Stoning is part of it.

@ SMH

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO QUESTION WHETHER IF SOMEONE IS MUSLIM OR NOT. Who are you to tell me that i'm not a Muslim? You are no one and besides a Muslim doesnt have the right to call another Muslim a kaffir. Its a sin in Islam.
Update 6: @ NOUB and @ SMH The punishment for adultery in the Quran is given in 24:2 and it is 100 lashes. However, the hadith, which is obviously a lie against the Prophet(PBUH), gives a punishment of stoning to death for adultery! Noub you seem to believe in the hadiths over the Quran. The revelation from Allah is... show more @ NOUB and @ SMH

The punishment for adultery in the Quran is given in 24:2 and it is 100 lashes. However, the hadith, which is obviously a lie against the Prophet(PBUH), gives a punishment of stoning to death for adultery!

Noub you seem to believe in the hadiths over the Quran. The revelation from Allah is flawless while Hadiths are accounts by men collected over the course of many years. You should read the history of hadiths.
Update 7: @ SMH Yes it does contradict the Quran , it goes against the Quran. Stoning isnt mentioned in the Quran. Do you believe the hadith prevails over the Quran?
Update 8: @ SMH Yes it does contradict the Quran , it goes against the Quran. Stoning isnt mentioned in the Quran. Do you believe the hadith prevails over the Quran?
Update 9: @ NOUB why are you bringing up old testament ? we Muslims dont follow the Old testament , we follow the Quran. Besides the Jews were given strict harsh laws by God because they disobeyed him many times. If stoning isnt mentioned then its simple really, NO STONING. Thats why is said not all hadiths are... show more @ NOUB

why are you bringing up old testament ? we Muslims dont follow the Old testament , we follow the Quran. Besides the Jews were given strict harsh laws by God because they disobeyed him many times.

If stoning isnt mentioned then its simple really, NO STONING. Thats why is said not all hadiths are believable. I didnt say every hadith is wrong.