thermostat/boiler puzzler.. some sort of weird custom installation?

I've got a room temp. thermostat controlling an electromechanical boiler valve. We're attempting to utilize the night setback mode so I'm installing a digital timer that operates a relay that opens and closes the contact on the thermostat. That part is working great. Here's the weird part though:

When I first engaged night mode it increased the set temp of the room thermostat. I quickly realized that it had increased the temp because it was set to COOL (2-10v) mode. I switched it to HEAT (2-10v) mode and now the heat just stays on no matter what. I can't figure out how it worked at all in cool mode and why on earth it isn't working in heat mode. All the output modulation should have been at temps ABOVE the set temp while in cool mode right? Somehow it was always spot on until I set it 'correctly' and it now is just constantly on. Any ideas?

here's the specific thermostat, I don't know much about the boiler end other than it was done professionally so ~should~ be reliably correct.

http://customer.honeywell.com/NR/rdonlyres/D128323...

Best Answer

Have you read the manual for the thermostat? If that doesn't solve it consider verifying that it is installed correctly.

I somewhat have a 6 month previous who would not circulate slowly yet so i've got not toddler proofed the homestead yet. whilst my 9 month previous niece got here to stay with me for a pair of weeks by using a kinfolk emergency I had to come returned up with some rapid toddler proofing concepts. Now this could merely artwork whilst they're nonetheless youthful. I went to the showering room and grabbed a gaggle of hair bands and positioned them around the cupboard doorways everywhere in the homestead so she could no longer open them. She replaced into nonetheless too youthful to come to a decision the thank you to take them off, so it worked truly nicely. I additionally had her snoozing interior the %. and play and used it as a gate between the kitchen and the residing room whilst she replaced into up and lively because of the fact she enjoyed to bypass to the trash can and stand herself up and dig interior the trash. different than that, we merely left each and all of the mattress room and bathing room doorways closed. i will easily carry out a little extra toddler proofing in the past my son is massive sufficient to get into issues, yet on the time being, those concepts did the trick.