What do you think is the least deserving movie of the 100% rating on RT?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/

Also- which ones have you seen on this list? If it's too long, just write the ones you haven't seen.

Out of the ones I've seen, I'll go with actually The Crying Game. Good movie, but it has its flaws.

BQ: What do you think of the list in general?

BQ2: If all of those movies on the list were gonna lose their 100% rating, but you could save one, which one would it be?

thanks for any answers

Best Answer

"The Birth of a Nation" besides it's great usage of the film medium which was not popular at the time, the movie is not good. That's just my opinion, and I'm tired of seeing people say it's awesome when the average person couldn't sit through 15 minutes of it.

BQ: Meh, it is decent, but a lot of films should not be 100% that are on there. The Wizard of Oz? Really? That movie was greeted with mediocre reviews at best when it first released.

BQ2: "Cool Hand Luke", hands down. Barely any pun intended.

The Godfather - it might just be my personal taste but I've never understood why everyone calls this the greatest film ever. When I watched it I didn't enjoy it (still not the least enjoyable film I've watched though). The Crying Game would be a close second.

I've seen:

02. Toy Story 2 (1999)

04. Toy Story (1995)

05. The Wizard of Oz (1939)

07. The Godfather (1972)

10. Citizen Kane (1941)

11. Rear Window (1954)

13. Dr. Strangelove Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

14. North by Northwest (1959)

17. The Third Man (1949)

25. King Kong (1933)

27. Aliens (1986)

29. Chinatown (1974)

31. The Evil Dead (1981)

33. Singin' in the Rain (1952)

34. The Crying Game (1992)

39. The Philadelphia Story (1940)

40. The Terminator (1984)

45. 12 Angry Men (1957)

49. Jaws (1975)

51. The Bride of Frankenstein (1936)

52. Frankenstein (1931)

53. Mary Poppins (1964)

55. Pinocchio (1940)

61. Three Colors: Blue (1993)

68. Anatomy of a Murder (1959)

70. Husbands and Wives (1992)

72. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981)

84. The Killer (1989)

96. The Odd Couple (1968)

100. Meet Me In St. Louis (1944)

BQ - Even though I haven't seen the vast majority, of the ones I have seen it's not the best list ever. Most of them I would barely give 80% let alone 100%. Still it's not the worst list ever either.

BQ2 - Either 12 Angry Men or Philadelphia Story, two of my favourite films ever. Gun to my head and only being allowed to pick one I'd pick 12 Angry Men.

• \Liam\

Hey Suicidal,

I'll go with Toy Story 2. It's not a bad movie, but I really don't think it should be in the 2nd position.

The ones I've seen:

Toy Story 2, Toy Story, The Wizard of Oz, The Godfather, Citizen Kane, Rear Window, Dr. Strangelove, North by Northwest, Seven Samurai, The 400 Blows, Chinatown, The Evil Dead, Aliens, Singin' in the Rain, The Terminator, 12 Angry Men, Jaws, Mary Poppins, Pinocchio, Three Colours: Blue, Fanny and Alexander and The Vanishing. (Not many actually)

BQ: I think it's good, I don't think it's any better than IMDB top 250 list though. Rotten Tomatoes list has a lot of old and classic films, while IMDB's has a lot of exciting contemporary films.

BQ: Citizen Kane

:)

• Logan

That is a lot of movies

Mary Poppins, The Crying Game, Wizard of OZ

BQ Well, I don't agree with all of it, there should be others on there

BQ2 North by Northwest

let me go back and get the I have seen list is too long either way, I have not seen

Afgan Star

The Third Man

Still Walking

Hukkle

Poetry

The Taste of Others

((Maddie))

• Adrian

Probably The Third Man. It has an outstanding cinematography and acting. But in terms of story it offers nothing exciting or new to offer. I mean the dialogue is fine and everything but the story was average with its typical twists and a run of the mill final chase scene.

I've actually only seen 31 of these films. This would be a good challenge for me (to watch all of these other films). The list- Man On Wire, toy story, toy story 2, wizard of oz, godfather, citizen kane, rear window, dr. strangelove, north by northwest, the third man, all about eve, laura, seven samurai, modern times, the 400 blows, on the waterfront, aliens, chinatown, rahomon, singin in the rain, cool hand luke, the terminator, maltese falcon, rebecca,, 12 angry men, treasure of cierra madre, city lights, jaws, grapes of wrath, anatomy of a murder, the gold rush.

BQ: I can't really form an opinion because I have not seen most of the list, there's a lot of foreign films I'll say (not that anything is wrong with that), but of the ones that I have seen, not one is genuinely bad.

BQ2: I would save Aliens, because it is my 2nd favorite movie. (Terminator 2 has 98%, grrrrr......)

• ?

-Inception- 80/100 -Raging Bull- 45/100 -The Godfather- 70/100 -Shawshank Redemption- 100/100 -Schindler's List- 95/100 -Blade Runner- 75/100 -Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back- 1/100 -A Clockwork Orange- 30/100 -Fight Club- 85/100 -Die Hard- 70/100 -The Pianist- 95/100 -Gladiator- 100/100 -Pulp Fiction- 40/100 -Scarface- 60/100 -The Departed- 80/100 -The Dark Knight- 90/100 -Saving Private Ryan- 100/100 -Heat- 50/100

• .

Good evening ((Maddie))

Out of this list and the movies i saw, i'll go with "The Terminator"...i know lots of people simply love the movie but i don't....of course my respect to everyone's taste :-)

BQ:It's alright, there are lots of movies missing there.....if i had the chance to put one film there, then it's pretty much every movie by Studio Ghibli...especially "Grave of the Fireflies" and "Spirited away"

I also liked that "All About Eve" and "12 Angry Men" got 100%.....I didn't know that

I also agree with Toy Story 1 and 2....totally deserving for 100%

BQ:"All About Eve" without a doubt...one of the greatest classic i have seen

• Rg4

Hey MJ :)

I saw 'The Terminator' on the list, but then I saw 'The Talking of Pelham One Two Three' at no. 94, I'll have to go with that one. I never cared for it, and never bothered to see the remake.

I haven't seen..

Waste Land

Afghan Star

We Were Here

Bob Roberts

Live-In Maid

Hukkle

BA: Not much, I don't much stock in lists like this or the imdb Top 250.

BA2; My favorite, The Godfather :)

Howdy

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, I just didn't like it I felt as if I was one some sorta trip throughout it and its just a plain boring movie

BQ:I like some picks but for the most part its a pretty generic list

BQ2:King Kong

Source(s): Have a great day :D
  • Big K

Evil Dead: by far the worst of the trilogy, I'm sorry but if we're putting that series on here the first film is not the best of it.

Crying Game: A movie that only achieved fame because hollywood loves transsexuals

Seven Samurai: The American version is better

Rear Window: a little slow in the middle, far from the perfect movie