What is the common definition of an airhead?

Or your definition of one, if you prefer.

Update:

Mine is - If an airheads brain is placed on the head of a pin, it would roll around like a bee bee on a 6 lane highway.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Hi,

Probably comes from the concept that the person has no brains and nothing but air between their ears.

Probably a similar concept of what we used to call a dumb blond or a ditzy beautiful model - beautiful but with no brains - have we not all seen them on the cat walks ? Prancing down the path swinging one leg across the other looking vacant and stupid with their pout lips and skinny emaciated bodies?

I knew a fashion photographer once and he said the perception of a dumb model was spot on - they learned to rely on their looks and never used their brains - however I am sure like all generalisations that there were exceptions to the rule.

Sorry if I deviated

regards MGD

PS - I noticed we are now into trading insults - I like the one "If you had half a brain it would be lonely"

• 3 years ago

Define Airhead

• DeeJay
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Someone who can't chew gum and walk at the same time.

Someone with nothing between the ears.

I worked with an airhead. I still to this day wonder how she

ever passed for a Licensed Social Worker. She did have

the sheep skin to prove it - right there hanging on the wall.

People who don't get it and everything goes right on - over

the top of their head.

Tiny Tim - Tip Toeing Through The Tulips.

A clever airhead - made money at it for a short time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

Youtube thumbnail

Nuff said.

DeeJay

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Trading binary options online is not as complicated as many people think it is. Read here https://tr.im/8YU3W

You don’t have to be an economics expert in order to make money by trading binary options. The charts allow you to predict the future course of an asset by finding patterns in its past price movements, and after all this what we need to win a binary trade.

Don't be intimidated by the charts, actually they are not that hard to read and understand. Strategies that are based on reading and analyzing charts are part of the technical analysis area.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

My step-father used to tell me."If you had brains, you would be dangerous"

I have had my airhead moments but I like to think of them as just being in my own little world.

Once in S.Calif. of all places to find your "classic" blonde air head, we had an aerobics instructor who was over 10 min. late for the class.

There were at least 40 of us waiting on her.

She ran into the club, hopped on her platform and started the class.

We in the front row noticed she had doggy do do all over her shoes!

We told her as it was gross and nasty.

She just made a cutie little noise and kept on dancing away.

We told her she should clean her shoes because it was too gross.

She did so and when she came back to the class she said,"Sorry, I have had a bad day.

'My dog was hit by a car and I just left him in the house waiting until I finish teaching so I can take him to the vet later."

We really went off on her and made her leave the club as we all wanted her to attend to the dog.

That was the biggest air head I ever met.

• S
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Here are a couple...

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

A sandwich short of a picnic.

And my favorite was from years ago when a coworker described another as having a pea-brain the size of a piss ant.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I always liked one taco shy of a combination platter, but yours is good. Your question set me to thinking: have I ever really known an actual airhead? and I think I have known one or two. But they were generally pleasant people who didn't bother anyone, lol.

• 8 years ago

I've always heard an air head is like an elevator that never went to the top.

• 8 years ago

My mum used to call me a "dolly daydream" a nice way of saying

airhead.

• Pat
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The questioner who commonly comes on here asking about spankings.

(2 above you - Stefan, as he's known today.)

Maybe if he had a few more when he was younger, he/she might be leading a more productive life today.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.