Why do Jehovah Witnesses have an unbiblical view of Jesus ?

Jesus is NOT Michael for a number of reasons.

Why do Jehovah Witnesses Teach such an unbibical view of Jesus ?

Why does the watchtower teach such such an unbibical view of Jesus ?

Jesus is the second person in the Trinity

Trinitarian

Mark 12:29 NKJ

Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

1. Michael is NOT the Lord. The Lord is our God

2. Jesus is Lord in Luke 2:11

Luke 2:11 NKJ

For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

3. The Father Called The Son God in Hebrews 1:8

Hebrews 1:8 NKJ

But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.

4. The Father said for all the angels to worship the Son in Hebrews 1:6.

This would also include the Archangel Michael to worship Jesus.

Hebrews 1:6 NKJ

But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all the angels of God worship Him."

5. The Jehovah Witnesses

Misinterpret firstborn in Hebrews 1:6 and Colossians 1:15

Firstborn in Hebrews 1:6 and Colossains 1:15 is a title of highest Rank

Firstborn can mean firstborn in a family

and it could also mean a title of highest rank

David was the Last one born in his family in 1 Chronicles 2:13-15

God Gave David the highest Rank Firstborn in Psalm 89:20,27

David Last one Born

1 Chronicles 2:13-15 NKJ

Jesse begot Eliab his firstborn, Abinadab the second, Shimea the third, 14 Nethanel the fourth, Raddai the fifth, 15 Ozem the sixth, and David the seventh.

God gave David Highest Rank Firstborn

Psalm 89:20,27

20 I have found My servant David; With My holy oil I have anointed him,

27 Also I will make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth.

6. Jesus Created All Things. Therefore Jesus is NOT a creation.

Colossians 1:16 NKJ

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

7. The Disciples Worshiped Jesus and Jesus accepted the worship.

Jesus NEVER rebuked them for doing so.

Matthew 28:9 NKJ

And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, "Rejoice!" So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.

8. The leper also worshiped Jesus and Jesus accepted worship

Jesus NEVER Rebuked the leper for doing so.

Matthew 8:2 NKJ

And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean."

9. An Angel Refuses to be Worshiped and says Worship God.

Its very clear Jesus is NOT an angel

Revelation 22:8-9 NKJ

Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9 Then he said to me, "See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."

10. Jesus Rebukes Satan and Michael Cannot.

Its very Clear Jesus is NOT Michael.

Michael CANNOT rebuke Satan and called out to the Lord

hmmm its very clear Michael is NOT the Lord

Jude 1:9 NKJ

Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

Jesus Rebukes Satan in Matthew 4:10 and Matthew 16:23

Matthew 4:10 NKJ

Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "

Matthew 16:23 NKJ

But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."

11. Jesus Forgives Sins and Only God alone can forgive sins.

Another reason why Jesus is NOT Michael.

Luke 5:19-21 NKJ

And when they could not find how they might bring him in, because of the crowd, they went up on the housetop and let him down with his bed through the tiling into the midst before Jesus. 20 When He saw their faith, He said to him, "Man, your sins are forgiven you." 21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, "Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

12. The Jehovah Witnesses misinterpret 1 Thessalonians 4:16.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 means the Lord is coming down with the Archangel.

The Lord our God the Lord is One Mark 12:29

The Lord is Jesus according to Luke 2:11

Therefore Jesus is Our Lord God and Savior

Michael is NOT the Lord.

Jesus the Word was God

John 1:1 NKJ

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

In Conclusion its Very Clear Jesus is NOT Michael

Its Very Clear Jesus is God

Jesus is Lord

@ The Apostle the Jehovah Witness Watchtower Bible NWT is horrible.

They changed the bible text to suit its own theological bias in many places.

Its not a translation but rather a perversion of scripture.

http://carm.org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witne...

Best Answer

Jesus Christ is God. The Word of God became a man on this earth by the miracle conception involving The Holy Spirit and through a normal birth, involving the woman Mary. Jesus came to the earth to die in our place for our sins to show us how much He loves us.

The scriptures bear abundant testimony that Jesus Christ is God. I believe the Bible 100%. It is the word of God. If we don't believe it, Jesus is of no effect to us and we are still in our sins."

-

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

--John 1:1-4, 14

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD was manifest in the FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, BELIEVED ON in the world, RECEIVED UP into glory."

--1 Timothy 3:16

"But unto the SON he saith, 'Thy throne, O GOD, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom'...And, 'Thou, LORD, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands."

-- Hebrews 1:8, 10

"I and my Father are ONE."

--Jesus Christ, John 10:30

"...CHRIST JESUS...being in the FORM OF GOD, thought it not robbery to be EQUAL WITH GOD: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

--Philippians 2:5-8

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the FATHER, THE WORD, AND THE HOLY GHOST: and THESE THREE ARE ONE."

--1 John 5:7

"... feed the church of GOD, which he hath purchased with his OWN BLOOD."

--Acts 20:28

"Hereby perceive we the love of GOD, because he LAID DOWN HIS LIFE for us...

--1 John 3:16

"And they stoned Stephen, calling upon GOD, and saying, LORD JESUS, receive my spirit."

--Acts 7:59

"And Thomas answered and said unto him [JESUS], My Lord and MY GOD."

--John 20:28

"For unto us A CHILD IS BORN, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace."

--Isaiah 9:6

"Philip saith unto him, 'Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.' Jesus saith unto him, 'Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me Philip? HE THAT HATH SEEN ME HATH SEEN THE FATHER; and how sayest thou then, 'Shew us the Father?''"

-- John 14:8-9

...CHRIST, who is the IMAGE OF GOD..."

--II Corinthians 4:4

"...glory of GOD in the FACE OF JESUS CHRIST."

--II Corinthians 4:6

"GOD...hath in these last days spoken unto us by his SON...who being the brightness of his glory, and the EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON..."

--Hebrews 1:1-3

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

1:15 WHO IS THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD, the firstborn* of every creature:

1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

*firstborn: pre-eminence in rank more than to priority in time. This can be shown in passages where the term 'firstborn' is used of the pre-eminent son who was not the eldest, e.g. Psalm 89:27, where David is called 'firstborn' although he was actually the youngest son.

"For in [Jesus] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

-- Colossians 2:9

..they shall call his name EMMANUEL, which being interpreted is, GOD WITH US."

--Matthew 1:23

"The voice of him [John the Baptist] that crieth in the wilderness, PREPARE ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway FOR OUR GOD."

-- Isaiah 40:3

THESE PEOPLE DID NOT UNDERSTAND THAT JESUS WAS GOD AND THOUGHT HE BLASPHEMED WHEN HE TOLD THE TRUTH.

"The Jews answered [Jesus], saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

-- John 10:33

Jase, I would highly suggest reading "Jehovah of the Watchtower". I had begun a study with the JWs many many years ago and a good friend who cared enough about me, bought me this book. It saved me a lifetime of going down the wrong road of belief. The founder of the JWs, Charles Russell Taze, formed this group as a Bible study, initially, out of rebellion against his parent's beliefs. Eventually it morphed into the huge thing it is today. JWs don't read anything that isn't sanctioned by the WT, will not read any other sources or studies and are taught not to question WT theology. Their interpretation of the Bible, the New World Translation was published between1950 and 1961. They to great lengths to make it appear that Scripture does not support Christ's deity. The list of mistranslated Scripture is too numerous to list here (check out 4jehovah.org for a complete list and the reasonings behind the changed translations). Here are also some facts as to why any Christian would do well to be wary of JW theology: Christ’s Invisible Presence occurred in 1874, Date was later changed to 1914 Investigative Judgment = Christ’s Inspection of Spiritual Food from 1874-1878, Later changed to 1914-1919. Conditional Mortality, Soul Sleep = Soul does not survive death, Resurrection of only the worthy, No Hell. Failed prophetic dates: 1874: Date for Christ’s “invisible presence,” changed to 1914

1914: End of the world

1915: Replaced 1914 for the end of the world

1918: End of the world, the destruction of churches

1925: End of the world with the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob

1929: “Beth Sarim” House of Princes built in San Diego, deeded to king David and other biblical prophets for their “soon” return upon the earth

1940’s: End of the World would come with the “soon” battle of Armageddon

1975: 6,000-years of human history, the end of the world would come within “months, not years.”

1994: 80-year Generation of 1914 should bring the end of the world, 1995 redefined the word “generation” to be symbolic of general readiness for the end.

JW bible: Translators had insufficient knowledge of biblical manuscripts

Translation distorts the Deity of Christ at John 1:1; 8:58; Hebrews 1:8 and other passages to support Watchtower doctrine Inserts God Name “Jehovah” into the New Testament without manuscript support .

Source(s): Book, "Jehovah of the WatchTower", 4jehovah.org
  • bourke

Because they are a cult. They think only Jehovah is God and think Jesus is separate from Jehovah but they arn't.

Jehovah and Jesus is the same:

Go to Rev 1:8-Who said I'm the first and the last? Jehovah did.

Now read Rev 22:12-16. In 16-I'm Jesus it states.

I don't understand it either, but there are many who hold to a monotheistic view of God.

The trinity is one of the hardest biblical doctrines to understand and to explain. Perhaps the JW's founder Charles Taze Russell thought so as well. One thing is certain; the JW's have gone to great lengths to either remove or alter the passages in The Bible that contradict their narrow view of Christ.

Charles Russell did not have "a love of the truth"

so he received strong delusion, then wanted to

believe that every Christian - for the previous 1800

years - were all wrong and HE had all the answers.

He even opposed who Jesus said He was ...

like Charles knew better ... (Jesus warned about that!!!)

and Jesus said:~

"... you shall be witnesses to me ..." (Acts 1:8)

Itching ears.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, (4) and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

• Kylie

Well I believe there founder said he saw an angel tell him these things but a galatians says even if angels peach a different gospel dont believe it. besides bible says demon masequrade as angels of light jws and mormons worship demons. You follow demon teaching you worship demons if that upsets them STOP WORSHIPING DEMONS lol really simple

• Yurii

It's written in their bible.

What makes you so sure that your 66 bibles are more accurate than their 66 bibles?

Can you prove it with simple logic?

Oh, and logic means without quoting your bible.

and I'm not an atheist nor christian btw, just saying .-.

Run that by me again and use the New World Translation ----------- Not a version

• FROG E

Very simple answer....Jehovah Witness is a false christian religion