\Liam\
\Liam\ asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

If you could choose any novel to adapt into a film what would it be?

What book would you choose? You can choose one that's already been adapted if you weren't happy with the film version.

Also, who would you pick as:

Lead Actor

Lead Actress

Director

Composer

Screenplay writer

• Favorite Answer

Hey Liam! I'd choose 'Child 44'. There has been a lot of talk that Ridley Scott has attached himself to adapt this book but the first I had heard of this was in 2010- still don't know if it's happening or not but man oh man! Ridley Scott would be a fantastic choice! My first choice would be David Fincher though, considering the themes of the novel. You might like it actually. It's based on a Ukrainian serial killer Andrei Chikatilo- he killed around 52 women and children. I'm not going to go into details of the serial killer, because it's really explicit and disturbing. He's one creepy dude. But it's one of the best thrillers I've ever read.

I'd pick European natives, to be honest.

Lead Actor- Leo Demidov: Anton Yelchin or Fassbender wouldn't be so bad. The killer man Christoph Waltz would be creepy as hell!

[EDIT] Lead Actress- Forgot Raisa! Leo's wife, Lea Seydoux! She's got this really "haunting look" one of my favourite actresses atm.

Director- David Fincher

Composer- I associate creepy thrillers with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's fast/snappy/choppy tracks. I really like John Williams as well and this is a bit of a period piece which he tends to be amazing at but I feel like it'd be 'too sentimental' if he did it.

Screenplay writer- well, first of all I hope the writer gets a lot of the say in the screenplay because the book's a masterpiece the way it is. But Andrew Kevin Walker and Steven Knight together would be pretty awesome I reckon.

• Dr. X

The Fifth Mountain

Lead Actor: Liam Neeson

Lead Actress: Rachel Weisz

Director: Michael Mann

Composer: James Newton Howard

Screenplay writer: Stuart Beattie

• Logan

Florida Roadkill by Tim Dorsey

Florida Roadkill is kind of a typical drugs and cash novel with a bunch of unexpected ingredients. The lead character is an egocentric nearly genius of a man who moonlights as a serial killer. Oddly, the reader often finds himself or herself sympathizing with Serge. It would be interesting to see how Serge and his exploits would translate to film. Would the viewer feel the same sympathy and amusement or would it feel like Natural Born Killers I believe.Coleman" is the closest thing that Serge has to a best friend. He is also a druggy idiot who the reader feels rather sorry for. I mean, he's nicknamed Coleman because his father trapped him in a cooler when he was a kid. He really is pitiable.

For this kind of fast-paced druggie film, I would go with Guy Ritchie for director. I have a feeling he would take Tim Dorsey's novel to a new level. His work in movies like Snatch proves that he can handle a rapid-fire plot with some off-the-wall characters and still make a cohesive film. That is just what Florida Roadkill would need. Either him or Tarantino., Scorcese as well each has done wonders with this type of film.

I would love to see Edward Norton step into the shoes of the murderous eccentric, Serge Storms. Any man who can go from American History X to Death to Smoochie can handle Serge. For the blundering, hopeless drug addict, "Coleman," I want The Hangover's Zach Galifianakis. He might not fit the physical description of "Coleman," but I think he would get the personality just right.

Actress Uma Thurman as Sharon Rhodes she can pull anything off, look at her history, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, love this woman. she would be perfect as a heartless stripper, her or Juliette Lewis.

Composer, not so sure about this one there are so many good composers for movies it would be a personaly hard choice for me to choose. Screenplay writer not sure

Zane Chronicles : Zeta phi alph

Lead actor: Brian white

Lead actress: kelly rowland

Director: spike lee

composer: dont know

Screen play writer: tyler perry

• The Battle For Singapore- Peter Thompson

The Japanese using a force 1/3rd the size of the British/Indian/Australian army on Singapore and outsmart and overpower their defenses. The brilliant leadership of General Yamashita outwits the bumbling British.

Not sure who would play the key roles, but a very overlooked battle in history. The Japanese removed the British from Asia in WW2.

• **ek**

Hmmm...good question...but a tough one.

I want to see the gunslinger (the dark tower series by Stephen king) adapted to film.

Javier bardem as Roland (the gunslinger)

Directed by Cameron Crowe (might as well dream big)

The others (actress, etc, I don't know)

I would adapt Child 44,

Mike leigh to direct

screenplay by Woody allen

Leven Thumps

Source(s): books
  • I think the necropolis series would be good to turn into a movie.

Lead Actor: Me( i want to be a singer/songwriter actor)

Lead actress: ariel winter

Director: Jj abrahams

Composer: idk (me would be good)

Screenplay writer: idk (me would be nice)

I would choose the uglies novel series:

Lead actress: Nina Dobrev

Lead actor: Robert Sheehan

& the rest idk

or

I would choose Before I fall:

Lead actresses: Esti Ginzburg, Megan Fox, Sophia Bush and Sasha Pieterse.

& the rest idk