What's your favorite Mexican dish?

Include recipe please! Thanks :)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Vice
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i like the mexican gumbo from this restaurant called Qdoba; idk the recipe tho...

o just because of your avatar/pic

FOR THE HORDE!!!!

85 bf priest wuddup :D

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Selma Hayak ... lol

Chili Verde. see link below for a recipe.

Mine is semi-homemade. I buy a large can of green enchilada sauce( or 2 reg size) at a mexican market for my sauce. I like to buy a small pork shoulder and then trim off most of the fat. cut into chunks. Brown cuts in a pot using just a bit of canola oil. Set stove top to low and pour in the cans of sauce. Simmer for 1 1/2 hrs or until tender.

• 8 years ago

I am not as big a fan of Mexican food as I was just a few years ago,

but I'd have to say my very favorite dish is chile rellenos with rice and

black beans.

• KDL
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

ENCHILADAS

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-enchiladas-i/

Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1 onion, chopped

1/2 pint sour cream

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1 tablespoon dried parsley

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)

1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce

1/2 cup water

1 tablespoon chili powder

1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper

1 clove garlic, minced

8 (10 inch) flour tortillas

1 (12 ounce) jar taco sauce

3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain excess fat. Cube the chicken and return it to the skillet. Add the onion, sour cream, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano and ground black pepper. Heat until cheese melts. Stir in salt, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, green pepper and garlic.

3. Roll even amounts of the mixture in the tortillas. Arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with taco sauce and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.

FAJITAS

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/...

Ingredients

Marinade (Mojo):

1 orange, juiced

2 limes, juiced

4 tablespoons olive oil

2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped

3 chipolte chiles, in adobo sauce

3 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon salt

2 1/4 pounds skirt or flank steak, trimmed of fat cut into thirds or 8-inch pieces

Salt and pepper

2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced

1 large onion, thinly sliced

Lime juice, olive oil, optional

12 flour tortillas, warm

Guacamole

Good quality store bought salsa

Directions

In a small 2 cup measuring cup, or something similar size and shape, combine all the marinade ingredients. Using an immersion blender, puree the marinade until smooth. Transfer to a re-sealable plastic bag and add the steak, seal and shake to coat. Refrigerate the beef for 2 to 4 hours to tenderize and flavor the beef.

Preheat a ridged grill pan on high heat.

Drain the marinade from the beef. Lightly oil the grill or grill pan. Season liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill the steak over medium-high heat and cook for 4 minutes on each side and then transfer to a cutting board and let rest. Depending on the size of your grill pan you may need to cook in batches.

Once the beef is off the grill pan and resting, add the bell peppers and onions tossed with lime juice and olive oil, if using. Grill the mixture for 7 to 8 minutes until the vegetables are just barely limp.

While the peppers and onions are cooking, heat up the tortillas. Turn any free burners on a medium low flame. Place a tortilla on each flame and let it char about 30 seconds to 1 minute, flip the tortilla and repeat on the second side. Once heated and charred remove the tortilla to a clean tea towel and wrap to keep warm. Repeat until you have warmed all of your tortillas.

You can also heat your tortillas in a microwave, lightly dampen a tea towel with some water, wrap the tortillas in the damp towel and heat in the microwave for about 1 minute. Check to see if they are warm, if not repeat the heating at 1 minute intervals until they are warm and pliable.

Thinly slice the steak against the grain on a diagonal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Grilled chicken quesidillia with grilled onions inside and rice (:

Source(s): what i get every time i go to the mexican restaurant
  • 8 years ago

carne asada you can cook it your self or go to this restaurant "javier's" at irvine ca. the best carne asada i ever had, i been at black angus, tony romas, etc but this place is really good , is a litlle expensive but is worth it once a year

Source(s): own experience
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

taco bell

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.