How are all these non- legal people getting ssi without ever paying taxes? ?

i have been trying to get ssi for over a

year i have had several back surgurys diabetes and major depresion and 3 of the non legals on my street having never payed taxes and all three of them have off the books jobs and collecting ssd I cant hardly walk and these people are double dipping and bragging about it i really dont understand

Best Answer

The illegal aliens that get free food, free medical and free housing also??

It is called "social justice."

• ?

Must be legal if they are getting SSI right? Sounds like you may be a bit prejudice? If you dont have a disabilty that is in the catergories listed in SSI then you dont qualify. Why worry about what Joe Smoe has? If you dont have a disabilty that prevents you from working then you need to get a job and stop trying to claim you cant work. There are people in Wheel Chairs that work? Stop trying to convince SSI that you cant work its not gonna work they are not stupid people and they have to obey their regulations and only provide care for those who can not work? Thats the bottom line. Sorry if the truth hurts.

• Judith

An illegal alien cannot receive SSI nor social security benefits. Period. If they are receiving benefits then they are either legal or they are committing fraud. And if they are committing fraud instead of complaining about it here why don't you report them to Social Security?

When illegals use somebody's social security #s they are actually paying income and social security taxes. When I worked for Social Security I actually had to deny several claims for monthly benefits because they were filed by illegal aliens even though they worked and paid social security taxes long enough so that they could have collected had they been legal.

Source(s): I was a social security claims rep for 32 years.
  • Edward

Why don't you try to collect ssd instead of ssi...I seriously doubt that these people you speak of are collecting ssd. As per the Social Security Administration one of the requirements to collect ssd or ssdi is as follows : generally, they have accumulated 20 social security credits in the last 10 years prior to the onset of disability (normally four credits per full or partial year); one additional credit is required for every year by which the worker's age exceeds 42.

The work requirement is waived for applicants who can prove that they became disabled at or before the age of 22, as these individuals may be allowed to collect on their parent's or parents' work credits. The parent(s) experience no loss of benefits.

I doubt these people would be able to prove either one...

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/social-security-disab...

Source(s): Answers.com for ssdi requirements

They are not the only ones. I know alot of Americans double dipping. Collecting unemployment while working under the table jobs. Also "Illegals" pay taxes daily. Food water gas ex all has tax. Also they cannot file for tax returns conventionally so were does that money go. I think theres a bigger problem, but many found a easy escape goat, "Illegals"

Ronald Regan promised it to them when he pardoned 20 million of them and fired union working Air Traffic Controllers.

• Weyman

SSI is NOT funded by paying taxes like SSD...If they are illegal call INS....But remember Mexicans are native to this continent just like our American Indians...how can they be truly illegal?

usually they just buy, or steal an identity.

in some state like CA you don't even need to be a resident to collect state asst.

They aren't, it's a myth. You really think an illegal alien would be caught dead within half a mile of a US government office?

• Curt J

Liberalism. What else?

Source(s): Just my opinion