If rich kids have an unfair advantage in school, then why don't teachers give more points to the poor kids?

Rich kids have better resources, better technology for school, better transportation, learning environments that are more conducive to study, and more.

Isn't this unfair?

How can you expect a poor minority to compete with a rich white kid at school?

Teachers should either give extra points to poor kids to level the playing field OR redistribute the points by curving grades in a way that is favorable to poorer students.

Don't you agree?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Justin
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Rich kids go to Private schools, which, as long as they're not Christian run, are generally better than Public schools. This is because the Conservatives refuse to fund Public schools properly. Rich kids have an unfair advantage because they can afford to go to Private schools.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I agree that it is unfair, but I don't think they should be "given more points"

there should just be a more equal distribution of resources. abolish "no child left behind" and redistribute monetary funds in a way that is equitable and fair. Our education system is not a free market, it is a democracy. Until then, dont complain that kids in lower-income areas are "failing to achieve," because it leads to slippery slope arguments.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It helps a lot if he is not accued of "acting white" if he tries to get an education and speaks standard English. Of course, the vast majoritiy of those "rich kids" are living in 2 parent families with at least one of the parents working full time at a well paying job because they graduated from college.

• 8 years ago

The unfair advantage of rich kids means their parents can send them to excellent schools that cost more than an Ivy Leage university. .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zaza
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The only advantage one kid has over another is parents who care about education.

Show me a kid with parents who participate and I will show you a student who succeeds.

Money has nothing to do with it.

• 8 years ago

Because like Yahoo Answers, points don't mean crap.

Unless you're a cheater like Paul grASS.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Just graduate everybody we don't need no points. Just hand out the diplomas. When you go to college on the taxpayer dime all you need to do is party.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Do the Rich know that ?

• 3 years ago

I was interested in the answer too

• 8 years ago

because usually they aren't in the same schools genius.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.