Jimmy Duncan, Pushmataha County: Should the sheriff resign if he can't train his men?

Should a sheriff that fails to maintain a basic level of training continue in office.

1. Allows known sex offenders to fail to register.

2. Allows known Felons to carry firearms

3. Allows perverts to peep your windows

4. Allows drunks to indiscriminately fire their weapons in the air at night

5. Takes things from homes he enters and does not return them to the victims

6. Allows children to shoot weapons (Multiple discharges) unsupervised within 25 feet of an occupied

building

7. Lack a basic understanding of property rights

Would you work for a recall?

Favorite Answer

Push County and all of SE Oklahoma is also known as Little Dixie, and for very good reasons. I have many friends that live in the Little Dixie area, and base on from what they say, corruption runs deep through out that whole area. Acquisition like this is made towards every one of those counties every year. It's nothing new, happens from sheriff to sheriff and nothing going to happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Dixie_%28Oklah...

Source(s): I'm a Police Officer I'm from Tulsa

Sheriff Duncan and his brother the county Commissioner are both now under investigation by OSBI.

• ?

I would get both sides of the story before taking any action as nothing is ever exactly as one person describes it. But if he is doing these things I would push for him to be arrested for not carrying out his duties and aiding people in breaking the law to breaking the law himself.

Source(s): Sheriff's Deputy Sergeant
  • ?

Yes he should.

Source(s): ....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....