Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How much can I change my body in two weeks?

I'm going on vacation in two weeks and I want to look my best in pictures. I know that two weeks isn't very long and that I shouldn't expect any miracles, its only healthy to lose 2 lbs a week, blah blah blah... But I'm just wondering how much is possible to do in a short period.

I've been busy with school/work for the past 6 months or so and have put on some weight and am way out of shape. I'm 5'5 and when I'm eating healthy and exercising I weigh around 110 lbs. When I'm sitting on my butt all day eating junk food I weigh around 130-135. I'm currently at about 127.

My plan is to eat minimally and somewhat keep to this diet plan:

-protein for breakfast (egg, yogurt or brown rice cake with almond butter)

-fresh fruits and veggies for snacks

-salad or soup for lunch

-protein (fish or veggie burger) with veggies for dinner

(I used to eat this way all the time and I felt so much healthier, so I know I won't be starving or anything...)

I also plan on exercising 5 days a week, doing 30-60 min of cardio (running or elliptical) and light weights. I already walk about 1.5 miles most days (to the bus and around campus) so I will keep that up and try to walk more.

I would really like to weigh 119 in two weeks, but I'm not sure that is possible. How much do you think my body is likely to change if I follow that plan? Will it be a noticeable difference or not? Any advice for speeding up the process at all? I was thinking about maybe juice fasting or something too.

Thanks for any input!

Favorite Answer

Your diet plan looks good, but if I were you, I'd try to add a little protein during lunch as well. Since water weight usually is lost the first week or so, I would say you can potentially lose 8 pounds in a week no problem. I'm doing the p90x and I lost 15 pounds in the first two weeks (I went from 180 to 165). As far as noticeable differences go, if you take a picture before and then at the end of two weeks, you should be able to see slight changes. But not so much that other people will comment on your weight loss. A time frame of 2 months is more realistic in terms of major changes. If you stick with the good eating and consistent exercises, you'll see changes before you know it.

Half a pound a day may be just feasible. I used to eat oranges for meals at home, and conventionally for lunch at the office. The point is that it takes more energy to burn up the cellulose than is provided from the oranges' nutritive value. If you have a good program of your own, by all means use that. Good luck.

try grape diet ! u know how it is? in 3 three days when ever u feel hungry or thirsty eat grape. only in 3 days !!! u will see the difference !

-fresh fruits and veggies for snacks

-salad or soup for lunch

AWFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!