I have a similar question, just bought a 2000 Ford Focus, 8th digit VIN=P (SOHC) -but what is the engine CC?

From what I understand if the 8th digit in the VIN=P, then the engine is a SOHC - however I am struggling with the size of the engine for buying parts - 122 cubic inch or or 1989 CC?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

4 Cylinders P 2.0L MFI SOHC SPI (found in 45% of 2000 Ford Focus)

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

wlhy would you be struggling before even getting to the store. the store has a computerized inventory of a huge selection of parts. that year make and model only has one or two engines to choose from and they are usually rated in liter so as the other answerer wrote looks like you had a 2 liter single overhead cam. this is a well proven small w4 cylinder engine that is in a lot of cars its a proven rugged design and with the computerized fuel injection it runs like a champ. give it a tune up every 4 or 5 years and change the oil and air and fuel filters, and use a good quality gas and it should last you a while .

• floran
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

What the f##ok!!? Just how routinely minded do you might have received to be to recognize that when you have checked the fluid degree and pressure then it does not have a grasp cable!! Intellect you with diagnostic potential like that pleasant bet is you screwed up the seize substitute process. So,on a stoop i might say you have got to evaluate the drive shaft inners are in and cozy,you ought to recognize from doing the seize that they're easiest held into the diff with little cord clips at the inner driveshaft splines,if one pops out best somewhat then you have got gotten no vigour nevertheless nonetheless got all of the gears and a well take hold of pedal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.