Omar asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

brought stray cat inside house, slightly bit me get checked out?

i found an abandoned cat outside and it was well groomed and playful so i brought it inside and plan to bring it o a shelter in the morning, it slightly bit me while i was petting her, a playful bite no blood and iput peroxide on it, should i get it checked out. the cat is well groomed and obviously well fed since she didnt destroy the food i gave her shes very playful too so i believe it was lsot or abandoned

also is this something i should get checked out asap, its been about 30-40 minutes since it happened and i dont notice anything different about my hand, no swelling or redness

Favorite Answer

If she seems like a house cat, I think you will be fine. But please don't take her to a shelter, in a shelter an animal only lasts about 3 days before it gets put down because it doesn't get adopted. Look for a Humane Society.

I'd just keep an eye on it. If it seems to be aggravated within the next few days go get it looked at. Other than that just keep it clean and disinfected like you would any other cut or scratch.

Also, if this cat looks so well cared for, are you sure it hasn't just gotten lost? There might be a family looking for it right now, I would recommend posting a clear picture and description online somewhere, or in a local paper. Also, perhaps take it to the vet to check for a microchip? I've lost a cat before and it turned out it had been living with a family who lived a couple of roads down from me. They only got it checked for a chip when they went to get one of their own put in!

As for taking it to a shelter, I would echo what other people have said. They are sometimes too quick to euthanize, so perhaps keep it for a week if you can and advertise yourself?

xx

cats dont often carry rabies but you should always get a bite from an animal you dont know checked out. see what a doctor says

Yes absolutely get it checked out the owners might have abandoned it because t has a disease .. you never know..

If its saliva gets inside your body....get cheked.If not,your safe.

i would check it