Va loan or usda rural development loan?

Is one loan easier to get than the other? My husband gets VA benefits, and we live in an area approved for rural development.

2 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

    Depending upon your total income, you may qualify for USDA assistance along with your VA certificate of eligibility.

    If your husband is receiving VA compensation then go with the VA backed loan (you will have to find a lender as the VA only backs the loan) the lender can then determine if you meet the guidelines for extra assistance (example: grants for down payment as long as you maintain the home for a specified minimum time).

    Remember this, the VA will have to inspect the property to see if the home is worth the loan amount.

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Check them both out. U are not obligated either way

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.