Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 8 years ago

HELP!! My turtles shell won't come off?

Ok so I have a type of slug called a turtle. I had a snail but I crushed it my mistake. The turtles shell wont come off and he's already an adult. I'm really worried for Arnold, my turtle, because this isn't normal. I've seen many slugs that had there shells fall off already.

SHOULD I TAKE HIM TO THE VET? DOES HE HAVE A DISEASEE?!

Best Answer

A turtle's shell is attached. It's made up of bones and is connected to the interior body. Your turtle is fine. Please don't waste the money or time going to the vet. Turtles will chip off part of their shells sometimes but they do it on their own. This is assuming you have a turtle, not a slug, because you've mentioned both in your question.

Source(s): Jack Hannah

is the recent scute below familiar colored or is it a grey coloration? If its familiar then it extremely is jsut laying off the old shell scutes. no count if it extremely is gray then it has a shell parasite. you may desire to dry out the turtle decrease than a basking spot lamp. The dryness and heat will kill the parasite. This parasite is likewise contagious so your different turtles gets it besides.