lisa
lisa asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

In the movie "Groundhog Day," how many times did Bill Murrays character experience Groundhog Day?

Favorite Answer

On the DVD, Harold Ramis states that the original idea was for him to live February 2nd for about 10,000 years. Later he says that Phil probably lived the same day for about 10 years.

That movie happens to be one of my favorites, and I just finished watching it (again) on YouTube. By my count, the film showed him reliving Groundhog Day at least 33 distinct times (a few times it just showed the alarm clock turning over to 6:00). In some cases it was unclear whether a scene was a continuation of the same day or a separate one. But realistically, for him to have learned to ice-sculpt and play the piano as well as he did, he must have experienced the day thousands of times.

9 times actually. each time he woke up made a ten minute story

Harold Ramis clearly stated that 9 times was based from the movie Ferris Buellars Day Off from his absent total

a million day. in case you recommend what proportion instances did he repeat that at some point, then it is not revealed. for sure it is going to have been quite a few months, if no longer years, for him to are turning out to be to be so gifted on the piano and different issues. edit: i became into typing this out jointly as you have been nonetheless at it, wush. I only published approximately 20 seconds after yours did. became into incredibly shocked at how comparable my answer became into to yours. i'd desire to strengthen my typing qualifications. The showing of occasions taking part in repeatedly lower back in distinctive tactics quantity to perchance some dozen repeated days displayed on demonstrate. yet as I stated and yet another poster talked approximately in a distinctive way, it is not in simple terms that he won some qualifications (to boot as awareness), yet became incredibly gifted regarding them. To upward push to that time could require lots of time, so because it incredibly is a clue that the style of repeated days became right into a great quantity. He additionally would have been a organic at discovering particular issues, which might have decreased that style of repeated days, yet he additionally became into incredibly helpful whilst showing those qualifications, it incredibly is a few thing that takes time to construct.

• ?

I think it was something like 20 or 30