What should I do stay an extra year at sixth form or go to university doing foundation degree?

Basically I want to computer science at university but the problem is I don’t have C in gcse English (I was 2 marks of a C) and I’ve been told I can do an extra year in sixth form to get a C in English. But I’ve had a look at some universities that do computer science and I found one that is ranked quite high in... show more Basically I want to computer science at university but the problem is I don’t have C in gcse English (I was 2 marks of a C) and I’ve been told I can do an extra year in sixth form to get a C in English. But I’ve had a look at some universities that do computer science and I found one that is ranked quite high in the league table for computer science, they offer a computer science degree with a foundation degree so a C in English isn’t essential in order for me to get in only catch is I have to do an extra one year there as well and I’m not sure is a foundation degree is as good.
So main question is do an extra year in sixth form to get my English to a C and go to a university that is much lower in the ranks for computer science.
Or go the higher ranked university and do a foundation degree?
If anyone can explain to me it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks you