Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 years ago

NEED INFORMED OPINION, PLEASE?

I'm seeking opinions from those familiar with the law (lawyers, law enforcement, etc.). My daughter's boyfriend (they're both 20) was arrested with several of his classmates and I don't understand why.

Details: During a fraternity initiation, he, and four of his classmates, were arrested by local police and charged with "Indecent Exposure". As part of the initiation, the pledges were driven to a sorority and made to deliver flowers to the gals in person while the guys were wearing only underwear (white briefs). The purpose was to embarrass the pledges, which is very common in fraternities. Someone called the police, who arrived, and then arrested the five male students. Obviously, the guys are very upset about the prospect of now having a "police record." Here's my question: I thought "Indecent Exposure" required some degree of "nudity." How can the charge be applied to a situation where the arrestees were not nude at all, but wearing jockey shorts?

My dear friend,you do not need lawyers for that.All over the world police behaviour is the same.Basic thing is that our wisdom never works with authority.

Source(s): I am a counsellor.