promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

10 Points - Good Books To Read?

I am 14 and I LOVE books. I have read over hundreds of books some of my favourite series include; The Demonata, Cirque Du Freak, Saga Of Larten Crepsley, Rondo, Deltora Quest and all of Paul Jennings books. I want some mystery/horror/romance books I was thinking of reading the Vampire Diaries but I'm not sure if you guys could list at least 10 series of books I will give you 10 points.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1.) Night watch series (4 parts)

Night Watch

Day Watch

Twilight Watch

Last Watch

By some Russian dude

2.) The vampire chronicles (10 parts)

Interview with the Vampire

The Vampire Lestat

Queen of the Dammed

Tale of the Body Thief

Memnoch the Devil

The Vampire Armand

(After this read the first 3 witches chronicles books cause they blend together)

Merrick

Bold and Gold

Blackwood Farm

Blood Canticle

3.) The witches chronicles (5 parts)

The Witching Hour

Lasher

Taltos

(Same 3 as above)

Merrick

Blackwood Farm

Blood Canticles

4.) The Strain series

The Strain

The Fall

The Night Eternal

5.) The circle series

Black

Red

White

Green

6.) Dexter series

Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Dearly Devoted Dexter

Dexter in the Dark

Dexter by Design

Dexter is Delicious

Double Dexter

7.) Sin City

The Hard Goodbye

A Dame to Kill For

The Big Fat Kill

That Yellow Bastard

Family Values

Booze, Broads, and Bullets

Hell and Back

8.) Ambergris series (what I call it)

City of Saints and Madmen

Shriek: An Aftermath

Flinch

9.) Neuromancer series

Neuromancer

Count Zero

Mona Lisa Overdrive

10.) Discworld series

The Color of Magic

The Light Fantastic

Equal Rites

Mort

Sourcery

Wyrd Sisters

Pyramids

Guards! Guards!

Eric

Moving Pictures

Reaper Man

Witches Abroad

Small Gods

Lords and Ladies

Men at Arms

Soul Music

Interesting Times

Maskerade

Feet of Clay

Hogfather

Jingo

The Last Continent

Carpe Jugulum

The Fifth Elephant

The Truth

Thief of Time

The Last Hero

The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents

Night Watch

The Wee Free Men

Monstrous Regiment

A Hat Full of Sky

Going Postal

Thud!

Wintersmith

Making Money

Unseen Academicals

I Shall Wear Midnight

Snuff

(Still writing more)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Vampire Academy Series

The Secret Circle series

The Vampire Diaries series

Harry Potter series

The Mortal Instrument Series

The Uglies series

The Loreon Legacies series (i think thats how its spelled)

Inheritance series

Warriors series

The hunger games series

Percy Jackson series

Source(s): read all the books series i listed and i read cirque du freak and deltora quest
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

A Scary Good Book is indeed scary (but not too scary), but it isn't good. It's GREAT! The first chapter pulls you in as Hannah discovers that someone has written clues in a library book. Hannah and her friend Ollie team up to solve the mystery, so this well written book can be enjoyed equally by boys and girls. Their friendship is very sweet and realistic. The mystery unfolds at a great pace - very suspenseful with a touch of creepy. I read this in two sittings because I HAD to find out what happened next. The ending even brought tears to my eyes. Excellent book geared towards ages 9-14, but can be enjoyed by 8 through adult. I can picture this story on the Disney channel one day.

• b97st
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Matched by Ally Condie

Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien

Inside Out by Maria V Snyder

The Knife of Never Letting Go Patrick Ness

Legend by Marie Lu

Gone by Michael Grant

Uglies by Scott Westerfield

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

The Declaration by Gemma Malley

XVI by Julia Carr

The Secret Under My Skin by Janet McNaughton

Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist

Runner by William Dietz

Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

Seed by Rob Ziegler

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Seed by Rob Ziegler

Variant by Robison Wells

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Feed by M.T. Anderson

The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

The Chrysalids by John Wyndham

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

1.Miss peregrine's home for peculiar children - a really nice mystery and a little bit creepy story

2.Hunger games!

3.Perks of being a wallflower

4.Circle of Secrets

5.Pretty little liars series is nice

that's all i could think of sorry.... i think vampire diaries would be nice to read. Oh and i really recommend miss peregrine's home for peculiar children

• 8 years ago

Abhoresen series by Garth Nix The first book is about a brave girl who can see and control (to a degree) death and the dead. She goes into a kingdom that has been sealed off from a world that is basically our own. There she meets a handsome boy and a talking cat who isn't really a cat. And, more importantly, she learns about herself.

Mortal Engines seriesBy Philip Reeves. Mortal engines are based in a dystopian future and star a young man whose family are killed, and a violent, bitter girl whose face is heavily scarred. The boy isn't a 'bad boy' he is very nice and kind. The girl is the 'bad ***' one.

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

Mister Monday series

Tales of the Slayer series

Death note (manga series, but it's a decent read, not full of nonsense)

Watchmen (graphic novel)

13 reasons why? By Jay Asher. A girl commits suicide. A couple of weeks later, her friend receives 13 tapes by the girl explaining why she killed herself. There are 13 people who were to blame. And this person is one of them.

The Rose and the Ring by William Mackpeace Thackery. This story is a (silly but fun) fairytale. A Princess is born and given a ring that will always make her seem beautiful. A Prince is madly in love with her. However, she chooses another man who has a rose to makes him seem handsome. They are somewhat awful, shallow people. However, there is the genuinely pretty and very kind servant of the Princess. However, there is even more to her than what meets the eye... And there are lessons and true love in store for everyone.

The Monk by Matthew Lewis. There is a monk who is a good man. His one fault is that he is arrogant. Slowly, this one fault is used against him and he falls completly from grace. The book caused shock and outrage when it was first released, and Lewis never wrote another novel after it. t has murder, rape, incest, imprisonment and lots of sexual and religious themes.

'The Undrowned Child' by Michelle Lauric. It has quite a bit of 'supernatural' elements. It is based in Venice and it stars two children trying to save the city from an angry, powerful spirit. It's sort of like a mystery and supernatural story. It's her first novel and it has received good critical reviews from critics so far.

'City of Beasts' by Isabel Allende.The main character is a normal fifteen year old boy who has to spend a summer with his crazy aunt. She works for the national geographic and is travelling to south America. Anyway, she takes him with her, and he meets all these people (natives and other travellers,) and they get entangled in this amazing adventure. The supernatural elements are more 'mystical' in this. It's a cool story though, I really recommend it.

Carmilla by La Fanu

It's a story older than Dracula. It is about a young woman who lives alone with her father. There is an accident on the road and a carriage is overturned. A beautiful girl in the carriage is found injured. The daughter and father agree to look after her. Romantic undertones.

Dream Spinner.

By Bonnie Dobkin. This is about a young girl and her friends, all of whom are dissatisfied with their lives (due to bullying and feelings of inadequacy.) They end up in this 'benevolent' mans house who offers them a dream world...and it goes from there.

Daz 4 Zoe.

I can't remember the author's name, but the story is based in the near future. In the future, people are split into two groups, the rich (called 'Subbies' in slang) and the poor (called 'chippies.') These two groups distrust and resent each other, and are sealed away from one another. However, a young, posh girl called Zoe ends up meeting a Chippie called Daz. Despite being in different classes, they end up falling in love. And it goes from there...

Vampire Chronicles (starting with 'Interview with a vampire') by Anne Rice

Source(s): Also, just about anything by Terry Pratchett is really good, I reccommend 'A Hat full of Sky.'
  • 8 years ago

Have you read da Harry Potter series? u rly shud!

I also like Wuthering Heights and Jaqueline Wilson's books.

• 8 years ago

Have you read Harry Potter? Because if you haven't, you really should!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.