Are comic books and graphic novels different?

I've seen the two, and they look similar. Are they different? If so, how?

• Favorite Answer

Yeah, I think they do have some differences.

I think graphic novels are almost always anime-style, while comic's will be more like spiderman and superman looking. I think there are a few other differences I can't think of, but they aren't too different,

Comic books are usually monthlies, like a soap series really.

A graphic novel is more like a movie.

Because of the different price points, comics tend to be aimed at a younger audience.

No, they are very much the same, ecxept that Graphic Novels are taken more seriously, and are much larger usually. Also, Graphic Novels occasionally take the shape of serious Manga. The answer at the top is incorrect, manga is just called manga here, but Graphic Novels occasionally take the shape of manga. Comic books are aimed for children most of the time.

• Akainu

I haven't seen a lot of comic books to know what they are but graphic novels are what Japanese manga called in the US.

• sykora

they are the two There are photograph Novels --that are and characteristic been a narrative instructed in comedian sort which isn't related to a comedian or a superhero--examples Will Eisner's contract with God , Maus, Gettysburg, A caricature background of the international, and My existence with Pedro There are photograph Novels that are tale arcs from comedian e book sure into one quantity like fifty two (all 4 volumes reprinting all fifty two weeks of the comedian), green Arrow/Black Canary wedding ceremony album (reprinting the marriage particular and the 1st 5 matters of green Arrow/Black Canary comedian),, The muppet teach (first 4 matters of the Muppet teach e book) and Watchman Then there are solo photograph novels that are thoughts of Superman, Batman, X-guy that are a one shot e book--like Spiderman Hooky, Batman son of the Demon, Xmen Love Kills etc So photograph Novels are the two a comedian and/or a novel with comedian e book stylings--that's so which you will come again to a variety