Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

How to end a farewell speech?plz help only 3 hrs to go?

Suggest some 4-5 poem lines or quotes

Favorite Answer

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. ~Richard Bach

We only part to meet again. ~John Gay

Man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell. ~Jean Paul Richter

Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need to know of hell. ~Emily Dickinson, "Parting"

Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye? ~Author Unknown

Gone - flitted away,

Taken the stars from the night and the sun

From the day!

Gone, and a cloud in my heart.

~Alfred Tennyson

Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos. ~Charles M. Schulz

Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. ~Henry David Thoreau

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

Goodbyes are not forever.

Goodbyes are not the end.

They simply mean I'll miss you

Until we meet again!

~Author Unknown

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair. ~William Cowper

Excuse me, then! you know my heart;

But dearest friends, alas! must part.

~John Gay

To die and part is a less evil; but to part and live, there, there is the torment. ~George Lansdowne

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand. ~Irish Blessing

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.

Some trails are happy ones,

Others are blue.

It's the way you ride the trail that counts,

Here's a happy one for you.

~Dale Evans

No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth. ~Robert Southey