stantng asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 9 years ago

Is there any alternative to have my LCD HDTV calibrated besides the Geek Squad?

• stan l
    Favorite Answer

I wouldn't let the Geek Squad clean my cat's litter box. Get out the manual and the remote and do it YOURSELF.

An ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) certified technician is the best choice.

The cost is usually about $300 and up.

(I don't know, but I doubt that many, if any, Geek Squad personnel are ISF-certified.)

You can do a fair job of it yourself using a calibration disc

(DVD or Blu-Ray, $20 to $50), but it probably won't be as good

as what can be done with the aid of test equipment.

If you try this, follow the included instructions to the letter.

Be patient and take all the time necessary to do it right.

>Joe Kane's discs are the best for accuracy,

but some others are said to be easier to use.

Source(s): I have "A Video Standard" on LaserDisc and "Video Essentials" on DVD.

particular they could.. yet placed a minimum of 100hr of viewing in till now doing so, or after a hundred hr attempt this: photograph: photograph Mode: Cinema evaluation: seventy one Brightness: 60 shade: 40 seven Tint: G9 Sharpness: 0 shade Temp: heat x.v. shade: Off C.A.T.S: Off Video NR: Off Blur help: Off advance suggestions MPEG NR: Off Black point: gentle 3:2 Pulldown: On provider Menu Offsets WB-ADJ MENU R-DRV: +5 G-DRV: -11 B-DRV: -11 R-shrink: -2 G-shrink: 0 B-shrink: +4